Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Beechcraft K35 Bonanza

I have collected W&B data for hundreds of Bonanzas. For the K model, I have 6 entries. The average empty weight is 2086 pounds or 946 Kg, so yours is real close to the average and only 6 Kg less. So it sounds very typical.

Yes, other owners confirmed that to me. Very disappointing though and pretty restrictive. Didn’t previously realize that this generation of Bo’s had so little useful load.

Compare with the C33 Debonair that I also fly. That one weighs in at only 1984 pounds. Plus, MTOW is 3050. That’s 200 pounds more of useful load, despite being “only” 225hp. Go figure!

Last Edited by boscomantico at 31 May 20:36
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

With tip tanks, the K model can have the Max GW increased by 150 pounds to 3100. I would check the STC for the installation and see if the GW was or should have been increased.

KUZA, United States

Will do that. But even if disregarding the tip tanks: with full wing fuel, payload is only 210 kgs – less than what‘s needed for three average persons.

Here it is:

It‘s very neat, because in flightplanning, you can (if you have some fuel in the tips ) calculate with a take-off weight of 1407kgs. But when paying the landing fees, since there is then not enough fuel in the tips, you simply show the original docs/noise certificate, showing 1338kgs… . I like these kinds of arrangements…

A dumb question maybe, but: does the above STC doc already constitute the AFMS, or is that a separate thing?

Great, you picked up 150 pounds of useful. The document in the photo, see the title: Airplane Flight Manual Supplement. The only portion that is regulatory are the limitations section.

KUZA, United States

Why the paragraph about strobe lights in the limitations?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Was there a robbery or this is voluntary?

ESMK, Sweden

A planned panel upgrade in progress, as mentioned in post #01.

I don‘t think any thieve would bother taking out any single basic instruments, such as altimeter, RPM, etc…they would only take the high value stuff, such as navigator boxes and autopilots.

boscomantico wrote:

calculate with a take-off weight of 1407kgs. But when paying the landing fees, since there is then not enough fuel in the tips, you simply show the original docs/noise certificate, showing 1338kgs… . I like these kinds of arrangements…

1.4T cutoff on landing fees? that looks wired I would expect 1.5T or 2T
Hopefully a reasoning for fuel fuel only (not applicable to pax WnB )

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message