Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Looking for a Cessna T210R

Hi Community,

we are after a Cessna T210R – I found two on offer in the US but was wondering whether anybody is aware of one in Europe up for sale…

Thanks and regards!

Germany

The 210R is a rare find. I am following a guy on Instagram who is rebuilding one from literally the bare doorposts. He’s got it to the wings on stage in 8 weeks and has had to fabricate a lot of the parts. I was wondering how it could pay you to do it.

His work is like art see here – https://www.instagram.com/blackbirdrestauracao/

A 210R is like a 185F, 180K, 206G etc it’s the one everyone wants!

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

Wow, that is indeed a massive repair… looks like having had a very rough landing!

Yes; I guess the T210R is top of the top… trying to find something it compares to but other than a Mailibu nothing really comes to mind whereas we like the STOL capabilities for the C210R which the Malibu does not have

Germany

The R model does away with the ‘truck-like’ handling of the 210 series. Also, the turbo and pressurized R versions used OEM intercoolers, which did away with the previous models’ temperature-limited climbs.

It is the best performing and sweetest handling of the 210 series, but only a few units were ever made. Supportability is thus difficult with parts and aftermarket mods being very limited.

I would say if you want to own and fly the best, go for an ‘R’. However, if you want to fly often, go for an ‘N’ or an ‘M’. There are ways to tackle the beast (or the truck, if you want to call it such)

Last Edited by Antonio at 06 Jun 20:15
Antonio
LESB, Spain

A 210R is like a 185F, 180K, 206G etc it’s the one everyone wants!

William the 180A through E I believe is the cognoscenti’s choice – may not have the 1,500 lbs useful load, but is the lightest (1650lbs empty) and with a 470-50 has the best lbs/hp – basically can play with the Super Cubs and then cruise at 140 KTAS.

The 185 and later three window 180s are somewhat more truck like.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom
5 Posts
Sign in to add your message