Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Now you can own an F16

6000hrs TT. What is the engine overhaul time on this one?

Any way to get this on the LAA G-reg / Annex 1?

But seriously what is amazing is that the US now allows this top level military jet to be in private hands.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I’m amazed that it’s racked up 6000 hours!

Forever learning
EGTB

Now where do I get the money from…….

I guess some defense contractor will buy it quickly.

LFOU, France

I read an article written by a US based private owner of several of these ex mil jets. He said the FAA are looking for ex military experience before they sign you off to fly it. He said they are easy enough to fly, by sticking to the numbers.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Maybe Croatian Ministry od Defense should take a look at this ad. They failed to buy F16 fleet from Israel last year due to US banning the sales. Although US from the beginning of the negotiations was very determined in not giving the approval, our totally incompetent minister thought that this would be somehow solved in usual corruptive way. But US was pretty tough in preventing Israel to sell the planes previously given them for free.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

@Emir
As an EU country, Croatia should buy a European jet, no?

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

MedEwok wrote:

As an EU country, Croatia should buy a European jet, no?

Hahahahahahahaha, good one :-D

EBST, Belgium

Emir wrote:

our totally incompetent minister thought that this would be somehow solved in usual corruptive way.

You must surely be speaking of Austria, no? :)

It’s called Eurofighter because it kills Euros. Very effectively. Many many billions of them.

always learning
LO__, Austria

Snoopy wrote:

It’s called Eurofighter because it kills Euros. Very effectively. Many many billions of them.

SAAB 39 Gripen is also a European aircraft…

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden
13 Posts
Sign in to add your message