Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Great deal on a Mooney M20J (and how to get a hangar)

This looks like a fantastic airplane, and I feel for the owner
https://www.planecheck.com/index.asp?ent=da&id=47480&cor=y local copy

I think he is on the forum…

LFOU, France

@Jujupilote the three dots at the end of your sentence “…” make me wonder if it’s a good thing, or a bad thing that I posted this here… :)
I’d definitely be glad to see his plane, but I already own one, and having two would be like polygamy or something.

’tis me alright, no luck on the hanger, hopefully I can find someone who will keep her in out of the rain

Why so averse to parking outside for a while? You could get full covers and a solar powered dehumidifier for inside and outside like I have and it would be a better option than giving up no?

EIMH, Ireland

aidanf123 wrote:

’tis me alright

Ah, if I didn’t own one, I’d be booking a flight to Bordeaux…
Can’t blame you for wanting to keep it nice. Mine is sitting out right now as I wait to find out where I’ll be headquartered, and ugh, it’s brutal watching the rain…

Have you posted it on mooneyspace yet?

It’s the original paint, it’s fine now but within a year it’s going to look like crap if left outside and then you are constantly fretting about corrosion or a hailstorm.
And frankly pulling off and putting on full covers everytime I want to go to a flight especially in winter would start to make me resent the plane, currently I enjoy every flight, all my little workaday stress just disappear once I crank that engine, and flying over the Pyrenees to Spain or from aix to grenoble this summer was just spectacular.
Maybe I am stressing too much but that’s the way I feel now.

That is a nice plane/deal, especially with sealed tanks and the engine rebuild, definitely something I would hold to
Ps: it can stay outside with covers on as long as it sit, taxi and roll on long clean pavements

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

holy smokes @aidanf123 there must be something possible.
It looks like a great plane.

Will you buy another or just give up flying altogether?
If it comes to giving up flying, better to make a deal with someone who has a hangar. Maybe if you let them fly it a bit, they’ll trade space?

I agree about leaving it out though… nothing about that seems good. I saw a blanketed Mooney in Krems (LOAG) which seemed ok, but I don’t think I could do that myself.
I have a cover for the fuselage, and frankly, it isn’t a hassle to install like you might think. In fact, every time I put it on, I feel great, because I’m taking care of the bird. Like putting that little hood on a falcon… ;)

Thanks for the encouragement, I want to continue flying but I never enjoyed tooling around the local area I always wanted to go places, i will join a club while I look for hanger space then perhaps another Mooney.
I tried all the local airports and people were talking about years for space.
Since the dgac transferred all the little local airports to the municipalities they don’t want to invest in hanger space for rental. (they get paid a subvention by the French government to manage the airport, but I could see that money getting diverted)
Bordeaux has a lot of money, but the local GA Airport (saucats) has a waiting list as long as your arm but cannot get permission from the locality to build hangers.

Last Edited by aidanf123 at 24 Sep 17:58
23 Posts
Sign in to add your message