Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Socata TB20 VS Cirrus SR22

Cessna ttx is good too, but misses the chute.

LFMD, France

Oh, I join this line for the fanclub to buy his Machine

Zsolt Szüle
LHTL, Hungary

Zozi wrote:

Cirrus SR22 has life limit? 4350 hours…

Shorter than that if you have to upgrade your G.X to G.X+1

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Horrible talking-down-the-competiotion BS, but at least the fact is there – 12,000 hours, with the potential of an extension as the fleet ages.

Biggin Hill

Now i found an information.
Cirrus SR22 has life limit? 4350 hours…
Is it true?

Greece

Having flown in both, my preference would be for the SR22 in terms of comfort and TB20 in terms of flying. The Cirrus has more space, the ergonomics are really good in terms of storage space; whilst talking about space, the pilot / passengers never really get too cosy, the seats are comfortable even on long distance and being 194cm (6’4" in old money), I never felt squeezed. However the spring loaded yoke gave little feedback and you really needed to get used to the fact that in slow flight, it didn’t really feel mushy – in fact, approaching a stall, the first you noticed was the hammering noise from the wing root which stalled first. Additionally, the engine with it’s single lever operation is simple but I still prefer the blue lever – I feel the SR22 could fly faster and more economically than it does if the blue knob was retrofitted. However the strong point is that the SR22 – as well as the SR20 . can be run lean of peak.

The TB20 though, is another kettle of fish. The controls were at least as responsive as the SR22 but gave more feedback – I felt I knew more reliably when I was approaching the boundaries when in slower flight. However headspace was restricted. This was not a GT though so maybe that was addressed. I did however prefer the Cirrus avionics with it’s Avidyne glass cockpit and twin GNS430s running an STEC. I can’t remember which autopilot the TB20 had but it was not as simple to configure compared to the STEC 20×.

EDL*, Germany

Headroom in a GT is OK. I only tried it without a headset on though…
Most problems I have is with the left knee (Commander as well, but not as bad as a TB20).
I’m 203 cm

EBST, Belgium

My experience was in a non-GT model (built in 1986 IIRC). If what you say is true and the GT has 5 to 10 cm more headroom, then that is a significant improvement.

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

Was this in a GT?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
30 Posts
Sign in to add your message