Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Elixir - new aircraft with a chute - now CS23 certified for VFR

Hello everyone.

First of all, thank you all for your different exchanges concerning the Elixir.
It is also thanks to you that the Elixir will conquer the sky.

Let me introduce myself, I am Emmanuel, the Elixir demonstrator pilot. I am also in charge of commercialization.

Don’t hesitate if I can give you more information about the aircraft, its variants or others.

See you soon

Emmanuel

@EmmanuelElixir wrote:

Don’t hesitate if I can give you more information about the aircraft, its variants or others.

What’s the useful load? I can’t find that info anywhere on the web site.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Hello!

270 kilos.
No need to choose between the fuel or pilots.
You can put two pilots of 100 kilos with the full tank.

Have a nice weekend

gallois wrote:

although I think in the 2 seat IFR marketplace there is only the Liberty XL and I don’t think that has a parachute.

Unfortunately, the Liberty XL2, now the Discovery XL2, seems if not orphaned, then at least on the verge of being so. The company owning the TC has reportedly vacated its factory premises and is trying to negotiate some kind of deal with the airport/landlord. Very sad, the XL2 being sort of a certified Europa.

However, speaking of two-place IFR airframes, the Tecnam P2002JF Mk II is supposed to be CS-23 and IFR-certified (the original version is available as both UL and CS-VLA) . At least that was touted in a bunch of Youtube clips this year, as well as in a PDF-brochure complete with pricing for an IFR version (complete with pictures of a display aircraft with registration “I-TIFR”). However, Tecnam’s updated website only claims UL/LSA certifications for the Mk II and the latest TCDS to be found over at EASA is from 2019 and says CS-VLA. I don’t know if this is just a case of the marketing department getting ahead of the engineers. I’ve E-mailed them and will report any response here.

For comparison with the Elixir, the Tecnam prices given in last year’s brochure was EUR 223.000 excl. VAT for the IFR version (G500 Txi glass cockpit, Rotax 912 and FP prop), and EUR 179.900 for the base day/night VFR version (same glass but different ‘other stuff’).

Oh, and the P2002 comes with a parachute too.

ESSL, Sweden

I saw the aircraft while on trip to LaRochelle month ago, just my nosy curious look inside the hangars rather than serious sitting inside or flying but their build quality looks good, hopefully they will make more innovation into the GA market, maybe they are the next Diamonds Aircraft !

Last Edited by Ibra at 18 Apr 20:46
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

There was a flight test of the Elixir in the March Info-Pilote. Points I found of interest:

• The central G3X has assisted engine starting (does all the priming and tells you where to put the throttle based on temperature)
  • The flaps are designed to stay extended if they exceed VFE, forcing them to be inspected after landing. Not sure where I stand on this one.
  • A triangle at flown FL75 gave 124KTAS at 16.3l/h, and FL110 120KTAS at 14.5l/h. Assume this is 65% because it says 75% power only adds 3kt but increases fuel flow to 19l/h.
  • The leasing scheme for aero-clubs isn’t finalised but should be €110 per hour for the first 390h per year, then €25 per hour after that, based on a 5 year deal that includes insurance and various overhauls. This is designed as an advert to prove the aircraft can be operated at below €110/h.
EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

The advert behind the canopy on the pictures I posted above says 40€/h, hopefully it’s hourly direct cost not the hourly asset depreciation

Last Edited by Ibra at 28 May 14:58
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

It is an interesting concept and I hope they will succeed.

ESSZ, Sweden

Dahlbeck wrote:

the latest TCDS to be found over at EASA is from 2019 and says CS-VLA. I don’t know if this is just a case of the marketing department getting ahead of the engineers. I’ve E-mailed them and will report any response here.

For comparison with the Elixir, the Tecnam prices given in last year’s brochure was EUR 223.000 excl. VAT for the IFR version (G500 Txi glass cockpit, Rotax 912 and FP prop), and EUR 179.900 for the base day/night VFR version (same glass but different ‘other stuff’).

Oh, and the P2002 comes with a parachute too.

Any news on Tecnam + IFR + Chute?

always learning
LO__, Austria

Capitaine wrote:

The leasing scheme for aero-clubs isn’t finalised but should be €110 per hour for the first 390h per year, then €25 per hour after that, based on a 5 year deal that includes insurance and various overhauls. This is designed as an advert to prove the aircraft can be operated at below €110/h.

How much down payment? Any news on the IFR Version?

Certified 2 seaters around here rent for 2,3 to 2,8 Euro per minute (140-170€ per hour) wet. I’d estimate those planes have cost of around 45k used.

Last Edited by Snoopy at 28 May 17:12
always learning
LO__, Austria
Sign in to add your message