Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Looking for MEP (Turbo PA30, PA34-II/III, T310)

After Corona came at a bad time…, I am now resuming my plans to buy a Twinco Turbo or Seneca II/III (T310).

So if you know someone who knows someone who knows someone… :-)

Here are the parameters from my first posting:

TB_flyer wrote:

n general:
- IFR (minimum: 2-axis AP, GNS 430 or larger, HSI, GMA340 or equivalent, GTX330 or equivalent, second artificial horizon preferred, glass not required, but “nice”)
- max midtime engine
- regularly flown (~ 50 h per year)
- max 5000h total time, no training
- ~ 100.000 €

The following types may be considered:

PA30 (Turbo):
- Useful load: > 520 kg
- minimum 120 GAL tanks

Seneca:
- II or III
- Useful load: ~ 700 kg (>1999 MTOW)
- minimum 128 GAL tanks

T310
- Useful load: ~ 800 kg (>1999)
- >= 180 GAL tanks

Hi TB Flyer,

I have a Seneca lll for sale.

Contacts me at [email protected]

Regards
Rob

If you want to spend money on a twin, you wont be able to get a much better setup than this:

https://www.planecheck.com?ent=da&id=49106 local copy

(just found this while wasting time on the internet)

@hammer I tend to agree! If you can feed and water it this is a bargain. An equivalent Beech 36 SEP would be twice the price.

At FL100 more like 200KTAS. You need to understand the fuel system, but otherwise these are nice aircraft.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Well, as with any British (or French, Bavarian, etc.) based plane, you now have to figure in 40k per side for the shot engine. So that puts the price into perspective…

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

boscomantico wrote:

you now have to figure in 40k per side for the shot engine. So that puts the price into perspective…

that seems to me to be a very exclusive point of view… :-)
– it looks as if she is already sold – after a couple of hours!

Usually, MEP is advertised for years, until it finally sells for far less than the asking price – not this one…

Last Edited by TB_flyer at 30 May 15:59

It is a smart thing to buy a plane with shagged engine(s) if the price reflects it, because you get the engine(s) overhauled (by a shop of your choice) and have a known quantity up front, instead of worrying about corrosion / bad treatment / undisclosed shock loads / crankcase cracks / forged logbooks to conceal years of sitting around / pre-sale engine work done by a cheap cowboy / etc / etc

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

But this had low time engines, perhaps too low time as they had only flown 123 hours in seven years.

I hope it has found a happy owner. Very nice panel and well presented.

123hrs in 7 years is deeply dodgy.

It’s OK if you never do oil analysis However a lot of twin pilots have a different view of this, due to having a “spare engine”.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Recall @Peter that Continentals are more tolerant of low usage

Sign in to add your message