Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Pawnee POH sought

Does anyone have a POH that’s applicable to a 1964 PA-25-235? I believe that would be a “Pawnee B”.

I’m particularly interested in the W&B data.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

The very basic are in the TCDS (https://rgl.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgMakeModel.nsf/0/583D80CA404DDF8A86257426004BDA85?OpenDocument)

(+88.4) to (+90.3) at 2900 lb.
(+85.6) to (+90.3) at1793 lb. or less
Straight line variation between points given.
Datum 78 inches forward of leading edge of wing

The gliding club has one so I can get more details next time I go (maybe in a fortnight). It is limited to 1000 kg so might affect some of the number.

[ local copy ]

Nympsfield, United Kingdom

Xtophe wrote:

(+88.4) to (+90.3) at 2900 lb.
(+85.6) to (+90.3) at1793 lb. or less
Straight line variation between points given.
Datum 78 inches forward of leading edge of wing

Thanks, but what I was really after are the stations of the fuel, the pilot and the luggage area. My neighbouring gliding club has some W&B data on their PA25 which I feel are suspect and I would like to check for myself before I go flying. They don’t appear to have the original POH — only an old Swedish translation which lacks W&B data.

Hi L-H

Further down in the document you find this:
Maximum Weight 2300 lb.
No. of Seats 1 at (+59)
Maximum Cargo 800 lb. at (+14)
Fuel Capacity 40 gallons at (-14.9) (one fuselage tank)
See NOTE 1 for data on system fuel.
Oil Capacity 8 quarts at (-47) (6 quarts usable)
See NOTE 1 for data on system oil.

Should be sufficient to do the WnB. Odd though that there isn’t even a load instruction. Thought that was part of the airworthiness paperwork.

ESG..., Sweden

Ah, the mighty Pawnee Nothing like it. I knew I had it somewhere, did a search on my PC, and voila

It’s a D-version though. But, but these planes were re-built a lot. New wings, new tanks and so on, and converted from dusting to towing.

Pawnee_D_Owners_Handbook_pdf

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

mcrdriver wrote:

Should be sufficient to do the WnB. Odd though that there isn’t even a load instruction. Thought that was part of the airworthiness paperwork.

Great, thanks!

Yes there is a load instruction, but I’m suspicious about it.

(A load instruction is a Swedish thing which lets you do a quick W&B check for a particular aircraft without doing any — or at least very few — calculations. It used to be compulsory, but I don’t think it is anymore, at least not for EASA aircraft.)

Ok, hope it works out. Pawnees are fun, farm equipment with wings… Does wonders for your stick and rudder skills :)

ESG..., Sweden

mcrdriver wrote:

Pawnees are fun, farm equipment with wings… Does wonders for your stick and rudder skills :)

I agree they are super fun to fly. But rather too easy to do much for helping your flying skills, IMO.

Airborne_Again wrote:

But rather too easy to do much for helping your flying skills, IMO.

Well, it’s not meant for A to B flying, “stabilized approaches” and similar nonsense I honed my three point landings towing gliders in a Pawnee for several years. Coming from downwind, doing a continuous base-final turn (F-16 style), straightening up and touching down a few seconds later using 100 m of runway. Those were the times

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

LeSving wrote:

Coming from downwind, doing a continuous base-final turn (F-16 style), straightening up and touching down a few seconds later using 100 m of runway. Those were the times

I did that too, finishing off with a (careful!) ground loop in the parking spot next to the gliders so that you could taxi straight out for the next tow. Super fun. I haven’t done it in more than 20 years, but now it’s time again.

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 11 May 13:01
12 Posts
Sign in to add your message