Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Sling TSi

Vne is purely a theoretical value AFAIK. According to CS-23, Vd is the design speed. Vd must not be less than 1.4 * Vc_min, where Vc_min is the minimum required design cruise speed. Vne is 0.9 * Vd. Anything can happen above Vd, not only flutter. The plane can be uncontrollable, too much forces on tail and so on.

With a Vne of 155, then the Vd is 172 kts. Which means the minimum cruise speed, Vc_min is 123 kts at most.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Vc min could be anything, right? If I remember correctly, Vc min is just some speed chosen by the a/c designer for some of the calculations and Vc min need not be more than 0.9* Vh (which is max cruising speed in horisontal flight). And for the flight envelope calcs (V-n diagram) Vc is used.

EGTR

Valtime wrote:

I remember a video from last year of a guy flying to Oshkosh in one of these and he reported something like 140-150 KTAS at 31 L/h.

I can’t find the video so I can’t confirm the numbers but I remember calculating the specific consumption and getting a worse number than a lycoming 0-320.

The exact numbers aside, can you explain the calculation in general? I just have a hard time seeing much else than something two-seat and slick like a Lancair or Glasair get that TAS for such a fuel flow with a 320…?

ESSL, Sweden

Found this one interesting:

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

The high wing TSi has flown !
It will be available as a tricycle or a TW, has a 915 and doesn’t have struts
Empty weight : 570kg / useful load : 480kg (MTOW : 1050kg)

LFOU, France

There’s a current webinar on Building and Flying Sling Aircraft today and tomorrow (of particular interest to European insomniacs?).

“The webinar will cover our Sling series of amateur-built and Light Sport Aircraft and will include our history of development, performance, flight characteristics and flight testing for our new Sling 4 High Wing which will be available in both tricycle and taildragger versions!”

Wednesday, March 17th, from 7 – 8:30 pm (CDT USA)
Wednesday, March 17th, from 9 pm (Buenos Aires)
Thursday, March 18th, from 00 am (London)
Thursday, March 18th, from 1 am (Frankfurt)
Thursday, March 18th, from 2 am (South Africa)
Thursday, March 18th, from 11 am (Sydney)

Register here

I have no connection to Sling. In fact they ignored my last 2 requests for info.

Last Edited by 2greens1red at 17 Mar 11:55
Swanborough Farm (UK), Shoreham EGKA, Soysambu (Kenya), Kenya

I had better luck getting an E-mail response a while back though. I was asking whether there were any plans for trying to make a certified version of the TSi. Unfortunately it seems to be totally off the table.

ESSL, Sweden

Finally the part everyone was waiting for :

LFOU, France

A rare newspaper article that doesn’t show GA in a completely bad light: a family built one at home during lockdown Daily Mail

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

A rare newspaper article that doesn’t show GA in a completely bad light

I resisted the temptation to look at the comments, I am sure all are positives and now I am living a happy life

This is a nice video of 4 days to build TSI (no painting)

Last Edited by Ibra at 28 Mar 20:33
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom
30 Posts
Sign in to add your message