Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Phenom 100 operating costs.

I don’t have specific inputs for the Cirrus Jet. They may have a FAA approved examiner in Poland someone with good connexions may ask them the answer would be interesting.

Flight Safety have a sim for Mustang in UK but they don’t have anymore FAA examiner so they don’t provide those courses anymore for FAA.

One of my pilot is in the States right now for his recurent, they finally put some exceptions in place for crews needed training (they were already provisions for crew on positioning flights)

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

Cirrus was doing the Vision Type ratings exclusively „in-house“, is it still the case?

always learning
LO__, Austria

Romain wrote:

One new “bad” thing is that since a few month recurrent training have to be done in the USA if you are not American. They used to be some DPE coming over but it’s not possible anymore.

Oh. I thought the Cirrus Jet crowd have a center for this in Poland? Going to the US at the current stage is quite difficult if not impossible.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Mooney_Driver wrote:

I wonder if this is not a major discouragement for prospective operators of the Vision Jet. Or does that VLJ have different rules re currency?

In FAA world it’s the same for VLJ.
It’s say’s more than 12500lbs or turbofan required a type rating.
One new “bad” thing is that since a few month recurrent training have to be done in the USA if you are not American. They used to be some DPE coming over but it’s not possible anymore.

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

I wonder if this is not a major discouragement for prospective operators of the Vision Jet. Or does that VLJ have different rules re currency?

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Sounds like the internet provider selling you “up to 25MB” during the good old time of ADSL, some TP you were never about to reach.

LFMD, France

I love the “Get Financing as low as USD $2,749.33 / monthly*” part that Controller inserts on the Beechcraft Jet

I am not sure the hourly west cost is the right number to look at. Just as an example I have picked up JetA1 between 0,50 EUR / liter and 2,00 EUR / liter. So as a first step I would try to make up the dry cost plus x liters per hour at whatever your fuel costs.

Also regarding depreciation the question is what does it include? Some people (like me) will just put the turbine wear on depreciation as it will be replaced maybe by my grandchildren. Others pay up programs. This drives the hourly cost but keep “depreciation” low.

As a bottom line as every pilot I keep dreaming about jets but the more I dove into the details the worse it got. Just my personal “hit list”:

• The Mustang ist over 12m long, this puts it in ICAO fire category 3 and many smaller airports have to bring in extra fire fighting just for your landing. Elba has limited times for such planes, Samedan will charge a crazy amount just for that.
  • Type ratings and annual recurrent simulator trainings are great experiences but can be crazy expensive.
  • Even N-Reg twin jets can not be maintained on condition. You end of doing the full maintenance manual at crazy cost. You get quoted quite acceptable hourly costs on the programs but you have to pay a high annual minimum like 175 hours or more even for private use. Imagine a situation like COVID, personal illness etc. where you can not fly and pay like crazy.
  • Many European airfields are very short for jets with just the wheel brakes. This includes many very nice locations, Elba, Losinj, our local training airport EDBO etc. Courchevel is even forbidden for jets.
  • Often on shorter legs you get held low by ATC and the fuel burn goes up like crazy.
  • Nearly all charges go up exponentially with MTOW. The Mustang is actually still quite good just below 4 tons. Many jets are beyond 4 tons and charges can skyrocket.

So as cool as it might be to fly a jet a pre owned TBM, Meridian or even PC12 is probably the better choice in many cases.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Genuine corporate jets, used in the course of business, come with useful capital relief elements – analysing after tax cost would be useful.

This type at Cirrus prices (nearly Carbon Cub prices) is well engineered and must be close to low depreciation.

https://www.controller.com/listings/aircraft/for-sale/191443611/1994-beechcraft-beechjet-400a

Last Edited by RobertL18C at 09 Aug 21:04
Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

arj1 wrote:

Does it include crew cost?

No it does not include crew. They are working with freelancers.

Jujupilote wrote:

nteresting.
Why so much depreciation compared to the CJ4 ?

10 years ago he had the Phenom new.
We bought a 7 years old Mustang under programs, according to market before COVID we didn’t loose to much in capital cost.

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB
17 Posts
Sign in to add your message