Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Registering aircraft in Germany (G-Reg -> D-Reg)

mh wrote:

Yes, it’s necessary.

We offer handling and assistance for D-reg Independent of the CAMO. https://aufwind.aero/registrationservice/

I sent you an email.

Portugal

Yes, it’s necessary.

We offer handling and assistance for D-reg Independent of the CAMO. https://aufwind.aero/registrationservice/

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

Hey guys,

I will probably have the same problem soon. I have a question regarding the D-reg.

Is it mandatory to have an actual German address when registering the aircraft with LBA?

Also, does anyone knows some good (and preferably cheap) CAMO’s or other companies that can deal about this paperwork easily?

I do not have the aircraft atm in a CAMO.

Thanks.

Last Edited by miguel22 at 18 Feb 16:14
Portugal

The gotchas are in mods, where regulations are judged (by the accepting registry) to have been incorrectly applied.

Nobody will go public with actual details

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Part-ML does help a lot though.
Why: Because you can declare the AMP vs needing to have it approved by the NAA, and engine/prop etc. can be extended. Thus no zero timing requirements eg in case of unclear logs.

If all changes are stc‘d and are (even by a pre easa/ national authority) approved and all AD are verified and the NAA is following the law there aren’t any issues.

always learning
LO__, Austria

Peter wrote:

I know one guy whose plane was reduced in value by at least 50% on a D to G transfer, due to a paperwork irregularity.

Similar with G to F transfer, at least as far as paperwork goes. I know someone who did this and it was a nightmare and took a long time.

LSZK, Switzerland

Some of the info here may be relevant, if doing the transfer after 31 Dec 2020.

It will be possibly (depending on what agreements are reached) same as N-reg to D-reg. Not a simple “re registration then” but a thorough examination.

Actually pre – 31 Dec 2020 it isn’t necessarily a simple re-reg either; I know one guy whose plane was reduced in value by at least 50% on a D to G transfer, due to a paperwork irregularity. The D based company offered to ignore this for ever so long as he uses them for maintenance (the “valued client” deal ) but that won’t work after 31 Dec 2020 (see above link).

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Same in Austria, austrian flag required. Larger CAT aircraft also carry the EU flag.

Last Edited by Snoopy at 05 Dec 12:55
always learning
LO__, Austria

Traditions and regulations carried over from the maritime world ?

Nympsfield, United Kingdom

Sebastian_G wrote:

Also a German flag will be required on the plane…

I was going to mention this. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a German registered aircraft without a German flag on the tail. What’s the history behind this?

EDLN/EDLF, Germany
18 Posts
Sign in to add your message