Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Cessna C172N STC Lycoming O360 net value?

Hello all,

Have a question regarding the price of a C172N. How much can it value a Cessna 172N with the following features:

- Cessna C172N Skyhawk
- Year: 1980
- Engine: Lycoming O360-A4M
_ Airplane TT~7000H
- Hours engine: TT 2700H Operated on condition (Bought new in 2004, never overhauled)

I know it’s maybe hard to quote a price but I just wanted to have a small idea about it…

Thanks!

Last Edited by miguel22 at 10 Feb 11:44
Portugal

Miguel,

I have made a market price study on C172N end of last year for another project.
Putting your data in my model yields an asking price of ~50’000 eur (without VAT). Counted in a typical negotiation margin of -5 to -7%.
Another issue to consider is the compliance status to the Cessna SIDs: if done, price can go higher, if not, lower.

In general: the market for C172 is hot, so it shouldn’t be too difficult to sell.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Abeam the Flying Dream
EBKT, western Belgium, Belgium

miguel22 wrote:

- Cessna C172N Skyhawk

That’s not the original engine, is it? Is it rated at 180 hp or derated? What’s the useful load of the aircraft?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Is that with the Air Plains mod?

Biggin Hill, United Kingdom

Niner_Mike wrote:

Miguel,

I have made a market price study on C172N end of last year for another project.
Putting your data in my model yields an asking price of ~50’000 eur (without VAT). Counted in a typical negotiation margin of -5 to -7%.
Another issue to consider is the compliance status to the Cessna SIDs: if done, price can go higher, if not, lower.

In general: the market for C172 is hot, so it shouldn’t be too difficult to sell.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Thanks for the feedback!

Portugal

Airborne_Again wrote:

miguel22 wrote:
- Cessna C172N Skyhawk
That’s not the original engine, is it? Is it rated at 180 hp or derated? What’s the useful load of the aircraft?

No it’s the original engine.ChrisP wrote:

Is that with the Air Plains mod?

Yes it is. We did the airplains mod in 2004 when we bought the engine brand new.

Portugal

miguel22 wrote:

No it’s the original engine.

I mean original as when Cessna delivered the aircraft in 1980. Surely it did not have an O-360 engine then…?

Yes it is. We did the airplains mod in 2004 when we bought the engine brand new.

What is the Air Plains mod if not the O-360 engine?

Airborne_Again wrote:

miguel22 wrote:
No it’s the original engine.
I mean original as when Cessna delivered the aircraft in 1980. Surely it did not have an O-360 engine then…?

Yes that’s right. It’s the original engine after the STC done in airplains. The engine has never been overhauled since 2004 that’s what i meant

Airborne_Again wrote:

What is the Air Plains mod if not the O-360 engine?

It has also a Sensenich Propeller that was installed at the time of the STC.

Portugal

miguel22 wrote:

Yes that’s right. It’s the original engine after the STC done in airplains.

Does this STC give any useful load increase or “only” better performance?

I think it is a separate, optional STC:

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany
13 Posts
Sign in to add your message