Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Letting go of my TBM

Hi All!

I am letting go of my TBM. It has been a very reliable and versatile aircraft. We put 1081h on it in the five years since it was built. After I got the Learjet, I just don’t have the time to fly it. I come to the airport every now and then and fly a traffic pattern. She is ready for more. Can take you round the world if you wish, or maybe just to the Maldives :-)

Plane is G3000 and HF equipped. Modern and ready to overfly oceans. Will be sold by Daher and available for viewing at the factory in Tarbes after completing B inspection around Feb 26th.

315 kts cruise, 600m runways, 1500NM range and 230lt/hr burn. Asking $3,15M.

LPFR, Poland

Hi @loco!

Do you not have a mission for it that the Lear cannot perform? Can you describe summarized differences in real-life living with one vsthe other for the benefit of the forum?

Thx!

Antonio
LESB, Spain

Ah, shame we won’t get to meet and have a chat when she comes for mx! But congrats on the Lear!

EDLN/EDLF, Germany

I bet it will sell quickly.

What did you like best/least about the TBM?

always learning
LO__, Austria

Looks like the TBM has paid it’s due with around the world tour and your other impressive trips !

Learjet will make life easier (I will not read any of the reports, unless you fly it in thin Mars atmosphere or to a 600m grass runway )

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

loco wrote:

After I got the Learjet, I just don’t have the time to fly it.

The Lear Jet however is not allowed to be flown single pilot or did I miss something? Are you operating this plane in a commercial environment or how are you getting over this requirement?

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

A colleague is ex medevac Lear Jet (45), short notice, short sectors, briefing the approach before top of climb (5,000 fpm), busy, busy :)

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom
Do you not have a mission for it that the Lear cannot perform? Can you describe summarized differences in real-life living with one vsthe other for the benefit of the forum?

They are in different classes. More speed and comfort in the Lear. It also feels very safe.

NinerEchoPapa wrote:

Ah, shame we won’t get to meet and have a chat when she comes for mx! But congrats on the Lear!

I’ll be at EDLN soon. Will contact you.

Snoopy wrote:

What did you like best/least about the TBM?

There is a lot to like about the TBM. Being able to take off from a short strip like a piston plane and then cruise at FL300 for 1000NM like a light jet. That is what sets it apart. It is also well built and reliable. We were never AOG in the five years of ownership. Plane was always able to fly.

I didn’t like the 6,2 psi diff. Unfortunately it’s similar in other planes in the class. Pilatus is 5,75 or so.

Mooney_Driver wrote:

The Lear Jet however is not allowed to be flown single pilot or did I miss something? Are you operating this plane in a commercial environment or how are you getting over this requirement?

It’s a two pilot plane so I fly it with another pilot. Can be commercial or non-commercial. I can only fly as SIC on CAT flights until I get to 500h. I can fly as PIC on NCC flights, but haven’t done that yet. Need to be checked from the left seat during upcoming recurrent. I can also fly it from the back seat, which is actually not that bad :-)

LPFR, Poland

Your videos about your tremendous trips just drive home what exceptional airplane the TBM really is. I have to say it is probably a total class of its own.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Plane sold locally.

LPFR, Poland
27 Posts
Sign in to add your message