Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

After years of contemplating...

always learning
LO__, Austria

Snoopy wrote:

Are you sure the hatrack wall can be added without STC? It would be nice to have, but I wouldn’t put anything heavy backt there for safety reasons…

That is what I was told at the time as it was/is a genuine Piper part built into later models.

This is a complete one offered from a salvage, but out of stock. The good one about that is that it comes with the bulkhead door.

Basically, where the screws go is where your wall is today. So you see how much space it gets you. The hat rack itself is not even the most interesting, but there is also quite a bit of space behind the rear seats this way.

On the quick I found a used one in the US.

And another one here: https://flyingcolorsairparts.com/36343

There used to be a company which made them new, still looking.

The bulkhead door is available new here.

All in all about 500-600$ plus shipping. But I’ve seen the result, it is well worth it imho.

Search for PA28-140 cabin bulkhead hatrack. I’d also ask around the Piper community. They should be able to be sourced.

Last Edited by Mooney_Driver at 21 Jun 07:49
LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Mooney_Driver wrote:

I remember when flying one of these that they needed quite a bit of nose up trim on final.

The Cherokees need a lot on nose down trim on final with full flaps, but heavy pull / nose up trim in the flare.
Arrows I find more neutral.
Airborne_Again wrote:

With a tapered wing PA28 this is no problem.

In our 2 -161’s (ie both tapered), it is only true for the one having the battery in the back. The other one has the battery on the firewall, and for that plane we have a sandbag.

ESMK, Sweden

Arne wrote:

The Cherokees need a lot on nose down trim on final with full flaps, but heavy pull / nose up trim in the flare.

In the flare, yes you are absolutely right.

@Snoopy

found a pic what the rear bulkhead looks like installed. Just informatively.

From here:
https://www.planecheck.com?ent=da&id=51358

Last Edited by Mooney_Driver at 21 Jun 12:00
LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

I just transferred the GNS530 Atlantic and Pacific IFR Navdata to the GNS530 Card.

It seems the Atlantic went first, and was then overwritten by Pacific. Hence, I have no Europe Data now ;(

When I try to transfer only Atlantic via JDM it says
„This data has been transferred top often already (sic!)“.

Anybody know a solution? Thanks

always learning
LO__, Austria

Snoopy wrote:

When I try to transfer only Atlantic via JDM it says
„This data has been transferred top often already (sic!)“.

Anybody know a solution? Thanks

Call Jeppesen support, explain the situation, they will issue an unlock.

BTW, I don’t think one can install two different editions (atlantic, pacific) of the same databases (navdata) at the same time on one card. As you experience, the next will overwrite the previous.

ELLX

lionel wrote:

Call Jeppesen support, explain the situation, they will issue an unlock.

In my experience, they might very well give you two unlocks at the same time!

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

On this unit you can only have one DB at a time. Only the last one you upload on the card will survive. You can have separate cards with different databases though, which you would swap on the unit when needing to change databases. I don’t think you have a need unless you are flying out of Europe S-E wards. Make sure when you get the unlock you just upload to the card the one you need.

Antonio
LESB, Spain

lionel wrote:

BTW, I don’t think one can install two different editions (atlantic, pacific) of the same databases (navdata) at the same time on one card. As you experience, the next will overwrite the previous.

Correct, only one DB at a time on these units.

As for the hat rack back wall. @Snoopy, Mike Ladstätter of EURAM (http://euram.at) in LOWI might be able to help locally.

Thank you! Now, the problem will be to reach Jeppesen support. Does anyone have a US landline number? FRA-Services in Europe is dead since a year it seems!

always learning
LO__, Austria
Sign in to add your message