Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

USA seller’s market: are we reaching Peak Cherokee

BeechBaby wrote:

IO…… Nope totally sound with a FSH. It is like new. Please do not have nightmares as I float in luxury…..

How is the tax? Here we’d pay €1800 a year which totally kills off the old barge market which I would happily be a member of. I had an 2008 E65 which was €1200 a year and eventually got sick of paying that and moved to a 520 (which I hate!)

Last Edited by zuutroy at 26 Aug 22:13
EIMH, Ireland

@BeechBaby I’d take out a lottery ticket, I’m on BMW #3 and after 10 years the rubber bits start to go. My current 8 year old F11 535d (with full comfort pack and EDC suspension) has already had a few bushes replaced at only 40k miles. I’d love an E38 but this puts me off. The F11 on the adaptive dampers is amazingly comfortable however.

@zuutroy tax should be about £400 on a 740i, I guess.

United Kingdom

I agree with you WF, ex VAT
For us ordinary citizens, prices are 20% higher Which leads to the 100k area.

I saw a Warrior with new engine and prop advertised at 100k£.

1800€ a year to register an old BMW ! Crazy…

Last Edited by Jujupilote at 27 Aug 06:37
LFOU, France

Jujupilote wrote:

I agree with you WF, ex VAT
For us ordinary citizens, prices are 20% higher Which leads to the 100k area.

I saw a Warrior with new engine and prop advertised at 100k£.

My club recently asked an experienced aircraft salesman in Sweden for an estimate for our PA28-181. It’s a 1979 model with TT 10,000 hours and 1,000 on the engine. New interior and all new Garmin IFR avionics including G5 and GTN650Xi, except for the autopilot which is an original single-axis and a King DME. His estimate was €130k incl. VAT. We did ask for insurance purposes, so the estimate may have been on the high side.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

zuutroy wrote:

How is the tax?

£290.00

IO390 wrote:

I’d take out a lottery ticket,

I keep trying…Now, there is a story with this car and I put a lot of effort into getting it back pristine. I do a lot myself. The main bugger was an offside rear spring. BMW part (£130.00), and could not get at it. Out came rear seats, back shelf, and got to the fixings. Then trying to get the seats back in….lol. Put the E65 in sport mode and it becomes like the Star Ship Enterprise. This car has surprised me. I really like it. Better than my Lexus LS400, which I still think is one of the greatest Luxo Barges..I like V8 stuff…

And to keep on thread topic..Like car prices used aircraft are all over the place. The main problem is as someone pointed out before, punters want a lot for nothing and do not really understand either what they want, or how much to pay for it.

Last Edited by BeechBaby at 27 Aug 09:39
Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

There is a tb20 on planecheck right now that is just above 100k with vat so probably possible to stay below.
It has an aspen pfd and a 430w but the rest of the avionics looks a bit outdated but ifr capable at first glance

EBZW, Belgium

FlyingAppel wrote:

There is a tb20 on planecheck right now that is just above 100k with vat so probably possible to stay below.
It has an aspen pfd and a 430w but the rest of the avionics looks a bit outdated but ifr capable at first glance

That one seem to be good, but with almost 10k hours might be reaching end of structural life…

LHFM, LHTL, Hungary

robirdus wrote:

That one seem to be good, but with almost 10k hours might be reaching end of structural life…

Does the TB20 have a life time limitation? I am not aware of one.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Mooney_Driver wrote:

Does the TB20 have a life time limitation? I am not aware of one.

I am just not used to those high numbers. If I ignore that, it is something that would fit me (“my mission” and budget). If it has at least 2000 hours in the airframe that’s already fine for me for the next 10 years.
The more I look into it the more questions I have :D For example if I’d want to have an independent mechanic (knowing tb-20) to do a prebuy, where to find?

LHFM, LHTL, Hungary

Single versus Twin posts moved to a better place

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message