Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Looking for a F33A

@dimme thank you have also sent a message :)

Not N reg although the new CAA maintenance programs may be a bit more flexible

Interior needs TLC and I am hoping it doesn’t live outside. In the UK you see a fair few Bonanzas living outside.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

@Dimme @ Robert
Thank you Gents, will certainly look into it.
I’ll need to factor in 20% (at least) VAT for EU import.

EDRT, ELLX, Luxembourg

Seller added “vat paid” in description.

Also the ad is 99k eur, and in the description he asks 95k gbp , 110k eur?

Belgium

Quote@DanBlasier wrote:
Seller added “vat paid” in description.

The EU considers any object (car, aircraft etc) that has been out of the EU zone for more than 3 years as exported, regardless of whether VAT was paid or not.
Hence when importing an aircraft from UK (after Brexit) into the EU the full VAT applies. It doesnt matter whether VAT was paid in UK or not.
To be noted it’s the homebase that counts, not the registration. For example a G-registered aircraft with a documented homebase in e.g. France will not need to pay VAT again if e.g. sold to Germany (provided VAT was paid in the first place). Conversely on a F- registered airplane that was stationed in UK for mire than three years prior to being re-imported to France the full VAT will have to be paid.
This information is fresh from German customs based on EU regulation.

EDRT, ELLX, Luxembourg

Thanks for that info, gildnn.

I have updated this post-brexit VAT import thread.

I wonder if anyone has seen a corresponding statement from UK Customs recently i.e. importing a VAT paid aircraft from the EU to the UK. It must be something broadly similar otherwise every UK based vehicle which just happened to be in the EU on 1st Jan 2021 would attract 20% VAT upon return to the UK

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Ibra wrote:

what you miss with Mooneys is landing on grass, I am sure the gear is strong for RobertL18C drop test from 10ft but you will need new engine+prop

I’ve taken my C model onto grass numerous times and it’s not a problem. In fact, there are quite some Mooneys stationed on grass strips around here, Lommis for once. What might help is to get a 3 blade prop which has a slightly better ground clearance.

The gear on the Mooneys is as sturdy as it gets but stunts like that will produce leaking tanks.

Ibra wrote:

in the others models you will be in 850lbs-1050lbs but they price way cheaper

If you look at a J or K also the consumption is smaller. The J may well be one of the most efficient airplanes ever built. And yes, it has quite a good payload too, whith standard tanks. Where it gets ridiculous is those which have Monroy tanks, also some later models (Acclaim/Ovation) have a very bad payload. But Mooney is actually now working at changing that via STC’s, so watch Mooneyspace I’d say.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

But doesn’t the Acclaim S have incredible range at so.ething like 240kts?
It was the fastest piston SEP available IIRC its marketing.

France

Mooney_Driver wrote:

I’ve taken my C model onto grass numerous times and it’s not a problem. In fact, there are quite some Mooneys stationed on grass strips around here, Lommis for once. What might help is to get a 3 blade prop which has a slightly better ground clearance

I have taken M20J to lot of grass but only those I know well (if it’s rough to bounce tundra Cub it’s not good), but one need lot of stick time on pavement first, grass for long bodies is tricky, I doubt I would take the Ovation to grass anytime soon, maybe after 500 landing first

130USG fuel tanks in Ovations & Acclaims is just ridicules but it’s max skinny 2pob, 120 knots at 7 gph, 18hours and 2000NM !

In the other hand it’s true that Bonanza seems cope very well with rough grass, if you have any doubt about the grass in Mooney just send your friend with the Bo first, he is slow and will test the grass for you

Last Edited by Ibra at 06 May 20:37
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Ibra wrote:

I doubt I would take the Ovation to grass anytime soon, maybe after 500 landing first

Yes, the long bodies are a totally different piece of cake. While I am sure both the Ovation and Acclaim can do places like i.e. Venice Lido, I am not qualified (as for lack of flight time in either of them) to say anything about their suitability for grass. I know one Acclaim Ultra however which is based in Wangen Lachen, a concrete field of 500m lenght.

Ibra wrote:

130USG fuel tanks in Ovations & Acclaims is just ridicules but it’s max skinny 2pob, 120 knots at 7 gph, 18hours and 2000NM !

The 130 USG option with the Ovation (Monroy Long Range Tanks) do indeed give it a rather long range, however I think not many will run it at 120 kts. The declared long range cruise for the Ovation is at 45% where it consumes 8.2 GPH and, with 130 USG available, will reach somewhere like 2400 NM range but at 160 kts (@14000 ft). With the normal 100 USG, it still has a range of about 1800 NM with this power setting. However, payload at 130 USG is absymal, so it doesn’t really make sense.

With normal cruise of about 65% the Ovation is about fastest with 180 kts @ 14000 ft with a fuel flow of around 12 GPH, so with 130 USG it would achieve around 1600 NM, with 100 USG about 1400 NM.

The Acclaim uses more fuel and therefore the range is shorter, about 1200 NM with 100 USG usable and economy power settings.

My C model can do long range at 7.5 GPH and will do about 700 NM at standard fuel and 125 kts @ 10’000 ft, if I had long range tanks (88 USG) it would boost me to about 1300 NM, but with 2 guys of 75 kgs and 20 kgs bags, so about 170 kgs. With normal full fuel it can carry 281 kgs.

gallois wrote:

But doesn’t the Acclaim S have incredible range at so.ething like 240kts?

At 240 kts it will still have a great range, but first of all it can only achieve this increadible speed at 25000 ft and will achieve roughly 700 NM with that setting. At 10’000 ft flat out it will do about 210 kts and again about 700 NM. For the 1200 NM range, it will do about 165 kt at 12000 ft.

Acclaims are great for speed but imho it is the Ovation which shines for range at still very respectable speeds.

But as this is about Bonanzas, it should not be forgotten that they also have very respectable range, particularly with their tip tanks and possible baggage tanks. I don’t have figures for the F33A, but I have also heard of ranges of well beyond 1000 NM in this configuration.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland
30 Posts
Sign in to add your message