Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Cessna 150

In 1965 I converted to a “state-of-the-art” C150, with less than 40 hours on Jackeroos and Chipmunks. (30 hour PPL on the Jackeroo.)
It did not have electric flaps, but had a much more civilised cabin. Then I had to stop flying for 20 years for financial reasons.
After regaining my PPL on C152s, I rented a C150 in Colorado, and flew it to Arizona and Utah. I like the 150 better than the 152, and dislike the C172. I also like the Pa28-161 and -181.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

This guy did one of those taildragger conversion on his 150 with tundra wheels, added 150hp engine etc. I love his utilitarian interior and panel as well. What a great little conversion – feels like a mini-C185 in this config.

Now that we have started posting videos of other people‘s aircraft, this one is likely one of the most beautiful original ones out there:

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

The swept tail 150s look very odd as a tailwheel plane. The straight tail ones look much nicer in that configuration.

Andreas IOM

I bought my 150M in 1987, for $7000. As I could afford it, I fixed it up, new paint, new interior, new avionics, overhauled engine and everything else just as I would like it to be. I flew it more than 3100 hours, all over North America, and into the Caribbean, and in never let me down. I had to say goodbye to it last summer when my hangar burned (raccoons chewing wires in the back wall). I watched in explode, and cried….

Home runway, in central Ontario, Canada, Canada

I did my PPL 11 years ago on this one:

It was known in Germany’s south west as the “Lila Kuh” (the purple cow used by the Milka chocolate brand), and I got many comments when popping up at some AD on a solo training flight

Very happy after the first solo pattern:
And here is the proof it really flew (in 2010):

EDFM, Germany

dkbe wrote:

“Lila Kuh” (the purple cow used by the Milka chocolate brand)

Funny, I was about to make the comment….

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

So sorry @Pilot_DAR.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Pilot_DAR wrote:

I watched in explode, and cried….

Wow, really sorry to hear this. Hope you can find a good replacement eventually.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

I wonder if anyone ever has flown a C150 with LR tanks. There is an option to have 38 USG rather than 26.

The only one I ever heard of in Europe appears to be in Germany, Worms if I am not mistaken.

WnB wise it would be a single seater, but it could fly for ridiculous amounts of time, such as for survey work or so. 7 hours endurance… would be almost 600 NM.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland
Sign in to add your message