Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Socata's TBM900

davidfabry wrote:

We will showcase the very first one built at AeroExpo so you can come take a look.

Who should we contact to be allowed to step on board? Usually, it’s heavily restricted.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

@peter ….Like you said, lots of SEP can do the same if departing above max take off weight BUT add an extra ton, still get more than 1000ft/min climb rate and 8h36 from New York to Paris with a single engine prop plane …I am not sure you will find much competition there.

It is a good showcase for the TBM enveloppe which is outstanding in speed, range, payload and access to small fields….just in case you didn’t know ;)

The upcoming TBM 940 with its new features is a fantastic upgrade. We will showcase the very first one built at AeroExpo so you can come take a look.

All the best,

David

EGKB LFQQ EBAW

The TBM 930 beat the previous 325.2-knot record in the C1e category (turboprop
aircraft with a maximum takeoff weight under 13,200 lbs./6,000 kg. as established by
the Fédération Aéronautique Internationale), which was held since 1985 by the
renowned test pilot, Chuck Yeager, on a twin-engine airplane.

The PT-6 is not controlled by electronics. Guess it’s EM attack proof if one looks for positives ;-)

LPFR, Poland

To be fair, lots of SEPs can do the same, if departing well over MTOW.

Is the auto throttle “fly by wire” or is it the old throttle mechanism, with a servo actuator connected to it?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Administrator

It looks like the same airframe, tweaked a little here and there.

I would have really surprised me if Socata had done any more, because there is no indication they have the engineering resources.

The TBM700/850 are IMHO spacious enough but getting into the front seats does require “thin” legs, due to the small space between the centre console and the seats. This probably does depend on where the seats are adjusted, however. I recall the same problem in the PA46. A large % of TBM850 buyers accordingly choose the extra $100k pilot door.

Administrator

Sebastian, it is also a technique to getting in it!

EGTK Oxford

TBM is definitely a little bigger than a PA46. Mostly in the cockpit

Yesterday I had a passenger in the PA46. First he wanted to sit in the copilots seat. But he is a little heavy and tall so he bascially got stuck on the way to the front seat. He had to sit on the rear seat for that flight. You are right the PA46 cockpit is quite small…

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

TBM is definitely a little bigger than a PA46. Mostly in the cockpit. Cabin is very similar.

Last Edited by JasonC at 12 Mar 19:56
EGTK Oxford
20 Posts
Sign in to add your message