Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

TECNAM P2008

2200 RPM is, in this case, prop RPM and not engine RPM.
That corresponds to 2200*2.43=5346 engine RPM.

Belgium

in which case the tach could be the upper of a row of four small gauges, left of the moving map display? Seems a poor location, for such an important bit of info.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

How can you justify a crankshaft costing say $20k?

Peter – I can tell you growing up in the USA that unfortunately a large part of aviation parts cost is liability. The US is a terribly litigious society! :-(

Great Oakley, U.K. & KTKI, USA

I know that instructor well

I can tell you growing up in the USA that unfortunately a large part of aviation parts cost is liability. The US is a terribly litigious society!

That is the manufacturers’ standard line (and how convenient) but is not supported by actual settlements. Nobody has yet been able to find evidence in the companies’ accounts supporting these prices as a result of litigation. Rather, most of the stuff comes from oversized overstaffed old-style fat companies with fat fixed costs and producing low volumes. Very very few new engines are being made and crankshafts normally last 10000-20000 hours.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Well at least we have an aircraft that might be a commercially viable replacement to the C152.

I have also read that the flying school at stapleford have brought one.

Personally I would like to see the engine TBO raised.

I am thinking of finally getting my own aircraft: being a professional pilot sometimes I tell myself it musts be the stupidest idea I ever had, but I can’t always be so smart…:-)

So, since you folks strike me as very clever and experienced on this matter, I would be grateful if I may pick your minds.

I am interested in a P2008JC, it would be based in Roma and we would be probably be 2 or 3 partners: myself, a friend of mine that owns an ultralight and maybe a student of mine.

I would be the one taking care of things since I do it already for a Cirrus (albeit I am not so much involved since I am using a CAMO)

The reason I am concentrating on this particular model is due to one been available near by that has less 300 hrs and goes for 100k, I have checked the docs and everything seems in order. Furthermore it is a easy enough plane to fly with almost zero gotchas and it looks stunning…

Now, before I go to test flight it and bring a mechanic for a prebuy inspection I would like to know your opinion about the little Tecnam, and if you have any comments and suggestions on the matter:

1-if you like to fly it
2-is it easy to maintain / what should I look for on the prebuy?
3-what should I set aside for maintenance?
4-with ELA 1 what kind of maintenance can I do myself?
5-I found one that has less 300 hrs and goes for 100k, I have checked the docs and everything seems in order: is it a good price?
6-should we also consider P2002 since they go for almost half the price?
7-it is on the Italian register unfortunately. If any of you has experience to share about ownership with this register, I will be glad to hear.

Some of these infos I certainly canget from local resources but, I am really interested in the opinions of the euroga community and I rather not share too much of my plans in the local circles….

Thanks

Truly yours, lowandslow

Post moved to existing P2008 thread. The above has some useful info, despite going off the rails in the middle

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

my two cents on P2008 – I did a “flight test” some years ago – feel free to google translate. link here.. The title says “more than I expected” and I still agree on this. Overall feeling really positive, feels more as an aircraft and not UL derivate, just the approach speed obviously reduced in the AFM to achieve short landing distance. Also please check maintenance intervals on fuselage, later I learned there was some 500 hrs inspection. It might be gone now, not sure.
on a similar note, I have been initially impressed by P2010 – until I see cruise performance not meeting AFM by far. But it might had been issue of the particular airframe I had flown.

LKKU, LKTB

lowandslow wrote:

The reason I am concentrating on this particular model is due to one been available near by that has less 300 hrs and goes for 100k, I have checked the docs and everything seems in order. Furthermore it is a easy enough plane to fly with almost zero gotchas and it looks stunning…

I had a quick look and yes, it is a nice VLA. It does remind me of the venable C150 but of course has much a better performance. Where it lacks imho is weight. The company indicates 250 kg of total payload including fuel, with full tanks of 78 kgs that leaves 172 kgs for people and bags. For two slender persons who do not need any baggage that is ok, but I smell the danger of overloading like most of the planes of this sort.

Question is, with the budget you have of 100k, you can get a lot more airplane for the money. Maybe it’s worth looking around what is available at 100k, there are even SR20ties in that region yet, and that is a very different ballgame.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland
49 Posts
Sign in to add your message