Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Tecnam P2010 EASA certified

http://tecnam.com/News/New-Release/99/Award-winning-Tecnam-P-Twenty-Ten-achieves-EASA.aspx

This looks like a potential winner to me.

Peter: pls change thread title to P2010, I spent too much time thinking about Cessnas

[done]

Last Edited by Peter at 31 Jul 13:09
Last Edited by achimha at 31 Jul 13:03

More old rubbish engine technology… You’d think they’d launch a diesel in Europe. Not much has changed from a 1970’s Cessna apart from cosmetics and Garmin bought in technology.

From composite structures to aerodynamics to the 3rd door, I do see improvements. And the “old rubbish engine technology” has no ridicously low TBRs like the first Thielerts, nor does it require lead plates in the tail like the Austros …

IMHO it’s unfair to demand innovation, but slag off those few companies who really attempt to innovate and are sensible enough to combine it with some realism.

LOAN Wiener Neustadt Ost, Austria

Tecnam traditionally have some difficulty on the weight side, they’ll not hurry to offer a diesel. And even in Europe, many PPL pilots/owners and clubs remain on the conservative side, keeping clear of those new-fangled diesels as long as their home field has Avgas on tap.

Besides, diesels are not sexy and that is important in Italy.

If any new-designed diesel-powered 4-seater comes in Europe, it would have to be a newcomer, or perhaps Evektor could do something on the base of their present 4-seater. But that one needs 200-300 HP, not sure if such a diesel is available today.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

If the P2010 can work with a FP prop & 180HP, it is likely to Centurion 155hp with a CS unit will work just fine (barring forward shift in W&B). The TBR will be increased to 1800hrs this year and most issues are now resolved (the engine is no longer ‘new’). I think they have taken a step backwards that limits them from the global market, especially since Cessna and Piper are offering Jet A versions.

Pulling levers, twisting knobs and a ‘knack’ for starting hot/cloud engines is ridiculous in 2014 to make an engine work.

But that one needs 200-300 HP, not sure if such a diesel is available today.

Soon

I think they have taken a step backwards that limits them from the global market, especially since Cessna and Piper are offering Jet A versions.

Those diesels are not for the European or American market. No one in in Europe/America would want a Piper/Cessna when the 2010 is an alternative. It wouldn’t surprise me that it will be considerably cheaper either, time will show.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

This looks like a potential winner to me.

I agree. Tecnam seems to have their act together and I’m impressed that they seem to make consistently rational design choices. I think their challenge is going to come from the fleet sales market into which Cessna sells, where demonstrated (and real) durability/serviceability is everything to the bottom line.

Tecnam traditionally have some difficulty on the weight side.

How do you mean?

ESSB, Stockholm Bromma

Walked into the hanger my aircraft is kept in and I have to say I was drawn to a brand new Tecnam 2010 in there. Initially thought it was a brand new 172 but it looks even better. Lovely airplane.

Last Edited by JasonC at 02 Apr 22:12
EGTK Oxford

DMEarc wrote:

Pulling levers, twisting knobs and a ‘knack’ for starting hot/cloud engines is ridiculous in 2014 to make an engine work.

Haha, until you need to invest your own money to make a better engine.

p.s. do we need to keep going over this again?

Last Edited by Archie at 14 Apr 11:06
20 Posts
Sign in to add your message