Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Pioneer 300 Disintegration

Oops! thanks. Hopefully that means it will be investigated.

Gloucester UK (EGBJ)

It was on the Austrian register D-MAAP

Actually, D-MAAP is German… Austria has OE- now.

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

Since two people died, the Accident would be investigated, if it was on German Registration.

Good for you! Last year there was a fatal accident with an Annex II aerobatic aircraft in Sweden. There was no investigation since there is no obligation to investigate and the Accident Investigation Authority wasn’t interested. There were apparently some things that pointed to pilot incapacitation but no one will ever know…

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

In my photo collection I find a photo of that plane (and another like it) that I took with great interest in the hangar at Zell am See in 2009. Brings it closer to home.

It was on the Austrian register D-MAAP.

Gloucester UK (EGBJ)

It depends a bit on the registration. Since two people died, the Accident would be investigated, if it was on German Registration.

However, word has it that the Pioneer was flown beyond MTOM and broke during the pull up from a low pass beyond VNE. No secured data, just rumours in other forums. They supposedly pulled 6g and overloaded the structure well beyond ultimate load.

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

I’m told the LAA do not consider the accident to be a matter of concern for the UK P300 fleet.

Gloucester UK (EGBJ)

It’s an annex II aircraft, investigation is up to each country. Same in France, they investigate microlights accidents on a discretionary basis.

Why not? Is that an Italian thing? There would certainly be an investigation in the UK.

Fly safely
Various UK. Operate throughout Europe and Middle East, United Kingdom

Unfortunately, there won´t be an accident investigation. A shame on my opinion.

22 Posts
Sign in to add your message