Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Cirrus Jet (combined thread)

EBMO, EBKT

EKRK, Denmark
EKRK, Denmark

I guess they have heard the criticism of too few range and non-RVSM. But I wonder how ATC is gonna like a 300 kt airplane at these levels, I would not be surprised if they will not be too amused and get them out of the way at FL280.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

I guess they have heard the criticism of too few range and non-RVSM. But I wonder how ATC is gonna like a 300 kt airplane at these levels, I would not be surprised if they will not be too amused and get them out of the way at FL280.

Having experienced this particular situation in Europe flying an Eclipse, all I can tell you is that nowadays airways are full of airliners crusing at M.75-M.8 so if you are much slower (M.5), you are likely to be descended to FL280.

Don't get too slow
LECU, Spain

One sees a number of TBMs flying at FL300 and doing around 300kt, so that seems possible. Whether they are flying on routes where this happens to work, I don’t know.

What happens to position holders when a new version comes out? We had a guy on here a while ago who said he held a position (or more than one) in this jet, and he was constantly posting how great it was Can these positions be upgraded?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

speed wrote:

Having experienced this particular situation in Europe flying an Eclipse, all I can tell you is that nowadays airways are full of airliners crusing at M.75-M.8 so if you are much slower (M.5), you are likely to be descended to FL280.

Very interesting. But the Eclipse should be able to outclimb the typical airline flight levels or did that not work out? I think it also depends a lot of the region you fly in. Towards Croatia and further south the sky is empty but between Zurich and London that is another story. In this area we even have problems to climb to FL280 with the Meridian as they like us to stay at FL240.

I am still not convinced the Cirrus Jet is superior to a pre owned Cessna 510. Not much price difference, two engines, FL410, faster…

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Sebastian_G wrote:

I am still not convinced the Cirrus Jet is superior to a pre owned Cessna 510. Not much price difference, two engines, FL410, faster…

Same as you Sebastian. Not convinced at all with the Cirrus Jet…
I saw and sat in one in Le Bourget but not really convinced about it.

One of my owner recently bought a nice pre owed Mustang with full maintenance program for less than Cirrus is asking for. Airplane is nicer, bigger, twin engine and also really easy to fly…

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

If you employ pro pilots it’s a different story.
I understand Cirrus‘ success is built upon people that want to own and fly the planes themselves and keep „stepping“ up.
And in a few years just in time Cirrus might come out with a fully automated air transport solution controllable via a smartphone app ;).

Last Edited by Snoopy at 11 Jan 23:51
always learning
LO__, Austria

Emergency AD for all SF50 vision jets may ground the fleet over Easter and cause massive disruptions:

https://rgl.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgad.nsf/0/448c46c035e93a6e862583e0007291d8/$FILE/2019-08-51_Emergency.pdf

local copy

3 incidents with faulty AOA sensors have lead to problems with the stick shaker/pusher and the protections within the SF50’s autopilot system.

Therefore, before further flight, the AOA sensor needs to be replaced.

This was already ordered by Cirrus via a SB which is now turned into an emergency AD.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland
Sign in to add your message