Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Cirrus Jet (combined thread)

Don’t jets still measure fuel in pounds? I would certainly hope it was a standard measure.

Anthony Chesworth, who’s a northern businessman and an SR22 owner, takes a trip in his buddy’s SF50. Funny to hear that the owner only had about 350hrs of SR22 time before he transitioned, which is kind of great to hear in many ways – it’s exactly the upgrade path and customer Cirrus developed this plane for. Goes to show you that it’s not rocket science and as he says, it’s easier to fly than the SR22. I believe him. Glad to see more owner/operators of this plane pop up in Europe, although I do think this is one of the first UK based ones. Hope there will be more to come!

I will – in the spirit of positivism – refrain from lingering to much on the fact that, once again, the thing burns more fuel than a Turbo Commander with two engines whilst managing to go slower…

So you fly a jet? Ahh, a Cirrusjet.. Well, sorry but if you want to be part of the set i’m afraid it needs to be a twin.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

…and here is generation 2

Cirrus unveils SF50 G2

These guys don’t sit around !

EBST, Belgium

I am not sure I love the idea of autothrottles. They are a major cause of problems in really big biz jets. Haven’t they just hammered the value of the first 100 aircraft delivered?

310 is a good move. The rest is classic Cirrus – a new colour palette etc…

EGTK Oxford

I think the improved sound insulation is a big one too. This was a returning complaint during demo flights. Performance boost is nice as well…
The marketing is typical Cirrus and I don’t think existing customers will take offense that they already have an “outdated” product. It was written in the stars…

EBST, Belgium

I like that they got RVSM. Wish it would go even higher. Heard that there will be a button like LVL that brings one back to nearest airport. Not in this announcement though.

LPFR, Poland

Autothrottle is quite impressive.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Autothrottle is indeed impressive and a major game changer. It’s a fundamentally different approach to automation flying. Hats off to Cirrus for the continued innovation. Such a comparably inexpensive baby jet containing all those bells and whistles is impressive. Tailored to low yearly hours owner pilots. Easy (now with A/T even easier than before) to fly and the chute as a last resort. Avoids accidents like the latest large CJ crash after take off in the US by an owner pilot. Their market research team really knows what they‘re doing too. Pay a million for the SR22 and then pay some more for the vision and call yourself a jet pilot. Unthinkable a few years ago. If there’s a way to earn money with airplanes Cirrus are as close as one can get.

@jasonc Major problems concerning automation dependency or technically?

Last Edited by Snoopy at 08 Jan 22:37
always learning
LO__, Austria

Snoopy wrote:

@jasonc Major problems concerning automation dependency or technically?

Issues with managing the automation. A lot to manage and handle for often fairly novice pilots. Without autothrottles I think VNAV is the most dangerous automation mode. Friends flying Falcons rarely use the A/T. They don’t work like they do in an Airbus or Boeing. I gather they were poor in the Eclipse (a comparable product) as well

They are a game changing company though. I am not anti-Cirrus but I still find the Cirrus Jet to be a very compromised Jet. But they will continue to drive innovation.

Last Edited by JasonC at 08 Jan 22:52
EGTK Oxford
Sign in to add your message