Banner
Welcome to our forums

Cirrus Jet (combined thread)

That is just like the 737 MAX issue.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Mooney_Driver wrote:

over Easter and cause massive disruptions

Up to 70 families may need to order Net Jets. Terrible indeed ;-)

Last Edited by loco at 20 Apr 08:14
LPFR, Poland

Peter wrote:

That is just like the 737 MAX issue.

Well, with one MASSIVE difference: what the protections do can be easily overpowered by the pilots.

But I am fairly sure that the Boeing debakle has prompted the FAA to react like this. Otherwise the SB issued by Cirrus would have probably done the job nicely.

I guess we will see a lot of such reactions in the future from the FAA, who have to ask themselfs the question why they did not act on the first indication that the 737 had a massive problem. Well, they will cover their backsides now. This might be quite big for us as well.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

loco wrote:

Mooney_Driver wrote:

over Easter and cause massive disruptions
Up to 70 families may need to order Net Jets. Terrible indeed ;-)

I think this is terrible for those owners and pilots. They are part of GA as well and their planes cost a lot less than a new TBM…

EGTK Oxford

They are also slower, have less range, and carry less from longer runways, so fair is fair

Biggin Hill

Didn’t want to be mean to Vision pilots but rather point that I have a different idea of massive disruption. Read that fleet size is 70 and problem can be adressed by sensor replacement.

LPFR, Poland

The TBM940 has autothrottle.

http://www.tbm.aero/products/tbm-940/

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

loco wrote:

Didn’t want to be mean to Vision pilots but rather point that I have a different idea of massive disruption. Read that fleet size is 70 and problem can be adressed by sensor replacement

The main thing is that those 70 airplanes are not in any comparable danger to the Boeings as the action of the protections can easily be overpowered. Proof positive of that is that we have 3 folks who all lived to tell the tale. So avoiding an accident with this malfunction is relatively easy.

The other major difference is that the solution is already on the table and being distributed. So if there was a reason for a grounding, it should either have happened when they found out what the reason for these incidents was, not after it’s been documented and the solition is being implemented. Doing this now is simply a CYA maneuver by the FAA, which leads me to think we will see quite a few of those in the near future replacing the complacency which lead to the 737 quagmire. We might well be facing interesting times for those who have FAA controlled airplanes.

Last Edited by Mooney_Driver at 20 Apr 21:15
LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Cobalt wrote:

They are also slower, have less range, and carry less from longer runways, so fair is fair

So those flying slower planes with less range are OK to ridicule?

I am no fan of Cirrus aircraft per se (although I do think they are one of the best aviation companies in the world right now). But I don’t hold with disrespecting their pilots or owners.

EGTK Oxford

We might well be facing interesting times for those who have FAA controlled airplanes.

EASA copies nearly all FAA ADs.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message