Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Cirrus Jet (combined thread)

Money isn’t that cheap for aircraft. I’ve not seen a single aviation finance solution for less than 5% in interest. A $5 million TBM financed will be at least $250K/year in interest alone. With principal, we’re talking $500K/year, easily. That’s before she’s flown a single hour. In one year alone of that, you could buy a used twin turboprop in good shape that will do everything the TBM does. Operationally, there isn’t that much difference in cost.

I’d like to subsidize this interesting discussion with some pictures, keep it going guys. My solution would be to spend my 3 million on the Cirrus and never look at it sideways (and only from a close up front / ! joke !).

All are fantastic machines. I do lean towards the Cirrus as the perfect jet for owner pilots, it’s compromises are also it’s advantages (simple operation, light, slow, comfy cabin, parachute etc…). That cabin really is something.

TBM = supersport plane, fast, long range, might lure you into fields you’d not even think about in the vision jet. Cabin size similar (similar, not the same!) as Piper M series.

M600 = the cirrus jet of turboprops when one compares the cirrus to the other jets. Beats all pistons, but not the other turboprops.

PC12 = unique due to cabin size and payload. Does the typical private pilot millionaire really need it? Not everybody has a lawn in the swiss alps and lots of folding bikes.

Picture subsidy:

TBM

Piper

Cirrus

Last Edited by Snoopy at 30 Apr 20:52
always learning
LO__, Austria

AdamFrisch wrote:

Money isn’t that cheap for aircraft.

Maybe Money for real money people is currently available like Ikea Kitchens for people like me. Just got „free“ money, no transaction fees etc… pay 0% interest. Keeps the accounts liquid ;)

always learning
LO__, Austria

Snoopy wrote:

TBM = supersport plane, fast, long range, might lure you into fields you’d not even think about in the vision jet. Cabin size similar (similar, not the same!) as Piper M series.

M600 = the cirrus jet of turboprops when one compares the cirrus to the other jets. Beats all pistons, but not the other turboprops.

PC12 = unique due to cabin size and payload. Does the typical private pilot millionaire really need it? Not everybody has a lawn in the swiss alps and lots of folding bikes.

That pretty well sums it up. Turboprops are terrible value vs jets but among themselves that is it.

I also think the Cirrus Jet is a good option for owner pilots stepping up from a piston wanting a “jet” but without the complications.

Last Edited by JasonC at 30 Apr 20:47
EGTK Oxford

The Cirrus Jet is very impressive in its presentation, cabin and user-friendliness. Just don’t look too closely at its performance numbers…

Last Edited by AdamFrisch at 02 May 12:55

Did anyone sitting in the Cirrus notice babel wrap sounds when moving in the seat? Is it part of CAPS impact protection?

LPFR, Poland

Snoopy wrote:

Not everybody has a lawn in the swiss alps and lots of folding bikes.

If you are thinking of Locher Airfield, that is in Italy. I don’t think he would stand a chance getting permission for something like that in Switzerland…

AdamFrisch wrote:

The Cirrus Jet is very impressive in its presentation, cabin and user-friendliness.

It’s a class of it’s own and it has it’s followership as you can see. Not many airplanes have a year long waiting list… PC12 and the Vision Jet, that is about it.

As for the performance, it does what it’s been designed to do for whom it has been designed, step uppers who are used to SR22’s.

And looking at what you can do with it and how easy it is to fly, no wonder quite some people like it. It’s the only Cirrus which has ever tempted me…

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Just followed a Vision jet on emergency squawk land at Evreux-Fauville airbase in France, out of Biggin Hill apparently and definitly not its intended destination. Climbed to FL310 (must be a RVSM exemplar by the looks of it) then started descent near Rouen with 7700…

Wonder what caused this diversion…

Trying to outclimb convective wx ? The gen 1 Vision is limited to FL280.

EBST, Belgium

Not sure if this is a G1 or 2…

Or if there is a way to upgrade….

Last Edited by Mooney_Driver at 26 Jul 14:47
Sign in to add your message