Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Rare, fast & beautiful Columbia 300 FS in Europe

I’m brokering for a friend a 2002 Columbia 300, N-regd and based Europe (France – Italy) .

At $149K, it’s by far the lowest priced Columbia on the world market – owner is motivated to move it !

Listed on Planecheck here : http://www.planecheck.com?ent=da&id=25972

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

Saw that go on sale yesterday – very nice, and have forwarded ad to someone who may be interested. Sorry for my ignorance, but it is this an experimental or a certified a/c?

Bordeaux

Am I correct that this cannot stay in any one EU country for more than about 1 month (if non-CofA)?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The Columbia 300 is fully Certified in the Utility Category – BETTER than Cirrus that is just “Normal Category” !

Last Edited by Michael at 28 Dec 11:51
FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

Peter why would this be “cannot stay in any one EU country for more than about 1 month (if non-CofA)?” ?

KHTO, LHTL

That was my mistake.

This appears to be a certified aircraft (ICAO compliant CofA) so no issues with basing it anywhere in Europe.

The only country I know of which tries to block long term parking of N-regs is Denmark.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

In fact, the Columbia/Cessna line are the ONLY SEP airplanes in the world to hold a rugged FAR Part 23 Utility Category certification.

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

Which didn’t really help in making it a success…;-)

Last Edited by boscomantico at 04 Jan 19:47
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

True Bosco, and as a matter of fact, it might have even contributed to it’s early demise since the cost to certify to that level was staggering .

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN
9 Posts
Sign in to add your message