Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Diamond DA62

Looks like it’s just been EASA certified…

Link

I quite like it. It’s like a passenger friendly DA42-VI with an additional 100nm range & +5 kts max cruise. A lot more space for luggage as well, although severely load restricted in the Euro version.

Cabin actually reminds me a bit of the TB’s – seats & gull wing doors etc.

The aircraft is huge by the way. I saw the test plane at Wiener Neustadt a couple of years ago & it dwarfed the DA42 next to it.

Looking forward to hear 1st impressions from you guys at Aero Friedrichshafen…

Yeah sure… a tourer with a stick. One more for the masochists.

This is very impressive, and even more impressive that this is going on in Europe. I do wonder what the target customers for this airplane are, though.

And meanwhile, Cirrus is snoring?

LFPT, LFPN

Operators won’t care about the 2-ton limit in the book. They will operate it to its full design MTOW, just as Seneca operators do.

With it’s smaller wingtips and slightly reduced fin below the tail, it looks slightly better than the DA42.

Is this the first 4-seat tourer to break the 1-million mark? Or how many “real” seats does it have?

Last Edited by boscomantico at 16 Apr 05:41
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I saw it yesterday and it looks like a very nice aircraft. It’s amazing how much difference a decent paint job makes it look!

It’s noticeably wider in the cabin and they’ve done a good job making it look a little more luxurious. It’s a shame they didn’t upgrade to the newer Garmin G3000 (or even put in a keypad), but I suppose they are aiming for a certain price point.

Performance looks on par with the DA42-VI but dimensions wise it’s huge – 15m wingspan! (good luck finding a hangar….). Engines currently have a 1000hr TBO but they are aiming to raise this within the year as they did with the VI.

EGBB

it really needs to have a bit stronger engines.

An aircraft like that should cruise at 200kts easy

Every aircraft that Diamond has made so far (except maybe the Eclipse) has been badly underpowered. This one fits right into that category. The Piper Seminole also has 2×180hp, but it’s MTOW is only 1723 kg, not 1999kg, and even less so 2.3 tons!

Last Edited by boscomantico at 16 Apr 19:08
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

The Piper Seminole also has 2×180hp, but it’s MTOW is only 1723 kg, not 1999kg,

But the DA62 outperforms the Seminole in pretty much every aspect…

EGBB

Yeah sure… a tourer with a stick. One more for the masochists.

Yes who would do that. Oh, I remember, Airbus.

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

Looks quite nice. I can’t see many going for the sub-2k version but the 2.3t aircraft has reasonable capability.

Fly safely
Various UK. Operate throughout Europe and Middle East, United Kingdom
66 Posts
Sign in to add your message