Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Piper Seneca MTOW change

Raven wrote:

Luckily not in PL.
We don’t have MTOW mentioned in registration certificate, ARC nor any gov. doc.

My noise cert:

Same for insurance.

LPFR, Poland

Raven wrote:

Luckily not in PL.

Really? So how does Eurocontrol determine if they send an invoice for airway fees for Polish airplanes?
Plus I would let my insurance know in any case that MTOW has changed: Doesn’t hurt if they don’t care but later on (in case of accident) they can’t cause trouble based on “you never told us…”.

Germany

In my AFM there is a “modification” chapter about MTOW being reduced to 1999kg.
There are various instructions, mainly about placards to be placed, a bit different loadsheet calculator etc…
At the end there is also an instruction how to revert back to original MTOW.
It just says – to remove that chapter from AFM, put back original placards and make a note about it in the logbook.
That’s it.
As I said, there is nothing about MTOW in ARC CofA etc. Yes there may be one in Noise Cert, but I don’t have that. It’s not mandatory for old planes.
As for insurance you may notify them with email. Same for additional PIC to be included if you wish to let your friends fly your plane.
As for Eurocontrol – you just give them a copy of the part of AFM saying 1999kg and that’s it. What’s the problem here?
If you wish to donate them – you send them info about cancelling the reduced weight.
Maybe you don’t know but even commercial air transport uses this trick.

Poland

can someone help me how and how much does it costs to purchase 764-048 stc to lower the MTOW of seneca II ?

jak
LLHA

Is it N-reg or EASA-reg.

The EASA case came up here

For N-reg, I would think you buy it from Piper. It must be incredibly rare to see a Seneca in Europe which has not had this STC, but maybe where you are it is possible.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I don’t want to hijack the thread but i have this question already for a long time in my head so it needs to get out.

My previous employer used to change the MTOW on every single flight. Most aircraft had 3 settings to choose from and if it needed an increase it was just a placard to change and a signature in the techlog from an engineer (or the captain when no engineering cover at that destination).

Would this also be possible with this STC? Flying around most of the time at 1999kg but when you want/need to fill all the seats you go back to the higher MTOW.

EBZW, Belgium

Maybe some info here.

and here and above for un-applying an STC.

Posts moved to an existing thread of exactly the same name.

Administrator

FlyingAppel wrote:

Flying around most of the time at 1999kg but when you want/need to fill all the seats you go back to the higher MTOW.

It is hearsay, though from an experienced pilot on an affected type, that in an N-reg you may choose so and this would only depend on the papers you take along with you in the plane.

Germany

FlyingAppel wrote:

Would this also be possible with this STC? Flying around most of the time at 1999kg but when you want/need to fill all the seats you go back to the higher MTOW.

Yes. You just make logbook entry and change placards. Both ways. Up or down.

Poland

Still the original Q stands: where do you buy this STC? From this post from a decade ago

I heard, this paperwork costs about 2500$ – 5000$ – this is information from piper company

presumably your local Piper dealer?

Administrator
Sign in to add your message