Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Good deal on a P210?

If anyone is interested in that particular YR frame, I can assist. I always wanted to visit Cluj :)

What does

Next overhaul due: 30 dec 2020

mean??

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Good question – hot section? fuel control unit?

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

I think this is the prop only. Engine then is close to a hot section.

pmh
ekbr ekbi, Denmark

Allison 250 has 1800hr hot section insp, I think. So due in about 350hrs. This shouldn’t deter anyone, because you can probably hot section a RR250 for not very much money. My guess it would be in the $10-20K range, so actually less than a piston overhaul and good for 1800hrs.

Looks like a nice aircraft.

For Sale Price: EUR €689,326

1999 vs 1981

https://www.controller.com/listings/aircraft/for-sale/29094869/1981-cessna-p210-silver-eagle

Last Edited by Snoopy at 14 Jan 23:21
always learning
LO__, Austria

Snoopy wrote:

1999 vs 1981

1999 must be the year of the Silver Eagle conversion (what O&N used to do was more like a re-manufacture, Griggs Aircraft now owns the STC but I do not know if they have done any conversions), 1981 must be the original Cessna manufacture.

Looks like a beautiful aircraft, but you pay a lot more than a P210N for a bit more cruise performance, a lot more climb and going places ability (this one does indeed climb like a rocket and there’s Jet A at every backyard, unlike Avgas) and a bit less engine maintenance & operational difficulty.

As usual but a bit more, an expert pre-buy is warranted.

Antonio
LESB, Spain

This beautiful 1978 example has come up for sale on Planecheck recently.

It is one of those rare P210 examples with gear doors installed. Only the 150 units made in 1978 had gear doors. However, around half of those were converted throughout the years eliminating gear doors to do away with associated maintenance. OTOH , doored examples are priced nowadays because of the slim lines of the full enclosure, the cleanliness of the gear bays, especially if you fly on grass, and the extra 4 kts in cruise. They are also sought after for the Rolls-Royce Silver Eagle conversion by Griggs, but with the fresh piston engine this one is probably not a good candidate for that.

At first I thought it was overpriced, but then run a Vref on it and came up with a $ figure not far from the EUR asking price.

Last Edited by Antonio at 17 Nov 21:15
Antonio
LESB, Spain

Collecting reward points from Peter

planecheck_D_EBJL_51972_pdf

always learning
LO__, Austria
30 Posts
Sign in to add your message