Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

WOW!!
What was the price? The ad seems to be offline now

URL had a typo.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Flyer59 wrote:

What was the price? The ad seems to be offline now

No, it’s still online. Approx. 425,000$ incl. VAT. But why did they repaint it if has been in a heated storage for 30 years???

EDDS - Stuttgart

$ 423.000 ?
He might find an enthusiast … but I doubt that it can be sold for that price.

How much would 32 years of “heated storage” cost?

I have heard the “heated hangar” before and don’t believe it for a moment. It’s going to be – at best – a normal maintenance hangar, heated during the weekdays. It’s not going to be H24 air conditioned which is what you might do with a vintage Ferrari or a Lambo worth a few M, etc. So, the usual corrosion risk but obviously a lot better than parked outside.

If it was corroded enough to warrant a respray very recently, what will the engine be like?

But the story behind this one would sure be interesting… The avionics types suggest they went in about 10 years ago.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

what_next wrote:

But why did they repaint it if has been in a heated storage for 30 years???

Maybe the owner didn’t like the scheme (anymore).

If it was ALWAYS in a normal unheated hangar in central Europe that aircraft should not have much, if any, corrosion. If the hangard was not very humid or wet. At least that’s my experience. Our other plane, a 1974 Piper Warrior was always hangared in Germany and flew 2800 hours since new. It’s in pur family since 1978, and if you open it all up – it has close ZERO corrosion inside, and only some very minor spots on the outside.

Probably targeting a coma patient that got knocked out in 1976 and now just woke up.

Now that was funny Achimha!!!!

Yes imagine his surprise when he takes off for the first time after a 30 year coma and finds that actually, not much has changed in 30 years in GA anyway!!

EGKB Biggin Hill London
32 Posts
Sign in to add your message