Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

The first Columbia 300 and the first Columbia 400

In 1997, 1999, 2000 and 2001 I visited Lancair and Columbia Aircraft in Bend, OR. I flew all of the types they had baack then, the 320/360, the Legacy, but especially the Columbia 300 and 400. Here are some pictures I made in 2000 and 2001 of the first customer 300 and the first 400 prototype.

The guy in the 300 is Collins Hemingway from Microsoft, who had the first 300. The girl in the 400 is my wife (still today :-)) The pilot of the 400 is Lance Neibauer, who gave Nicola a ride while i made the pictures. Later he let her fly the 400 prototype .. she had like ten hours in the C-152 at that time.

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 20 Oct 20:12

Thanks for sharing !

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

In case you want any of those, I have hundreds, all hi-resolution (if you want to print them). Just let me know.

Memories :-)

Back in 97 during the PPL course, I had their “Ho Chee Mama!”-advert cut out from some magazine and had it glued in one of my books.
Was good for my motivation !

EBST, Belgium

Great pics! Keep em coming :)

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

You don’t want me to open the treasure chests on my 18 TB Raid system, do you ;-)

Some years ago I let an unemployed journalist/friend scan all the slides, negatives and prints I had in my basement. Took him a year … but now I have a complete digital archive. Later I started to convert all my old video tapes .. and I plan to digitize all of the small tapes i have from a hundred interviews. The ones with Chuck Yeager or Bob Hoover might be fun for some of you …

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 21 Oct 09:41

Oh yes!

LFPT, LFPN

Flyer59 wrote:

You don’t want me to open the treasure chests on my 18 TB Raid system, do you ;-)

Open, by all means. And share the real treasures :)

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland
8 Posts
Sign in to add your message