Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aztec price reduced from 75k down to 19k!

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Probably some expensive part has just reached it’s expiry date. Or a new AD was issued. The new price is more or less the sum of the bits of avionics which are still usable in Europe…

EDDS - Stuttgart

what_next wrote:

Probably some expensive part has just reached it’s expiry date. Or a new AD was issued. The new price is more or less the sum of the bits of avionics which are still usable in Europe…

Exactly something big must be wrong with it.

EGTK Oxford

However, another 20k Aztec here

One famous UK owner said they go only for what the engines are worth. But as WN says, the value (I’d say Ebay value) of the avionics would cover 20k. Maybe they blew up the whole stack by starting with the avionics on? I know a TB10 syndicate where they did that. But the insurance paid for that one. Maybe whatever happened here wasn’t insured.

But the two 100hr props must be worth about 5k each too.

It doesn’t make sense.

Hmmm I think I have solved the puzzle. He married a lawyer and now they are divorcing!

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

It’s also possible the owner just wants it sold. It may be a rare case of a common sense owner who knows when he wants out. If I were in the market for a twin, I would be on a commercial flight to take a look.

Last Edited by WhiskeyPapa at 22 Nov 21:05
Tököl LHTL

WhiskeyPapa wrote:

It’s also possible the owner just wants it sold. It may be a rare case of a common sense owner who knows when he wants out. If I were in the market for a twin, I would be on a commercial flight to take a look.

Yep well if the ad is correct it will certainly sell at that.

EGTK Oxford

I agree with WhiskeyPapa, fundamentally it could be a great buy.

If I see the original add on the Strassbourg Aviation site it is now also out of annual. Which might well account for the drop in price, no idea what an annual costs on one of these but it is certainly more than for a simple SEP.

Otherwise, it doesn’t look that bad and could, if everything works, basically fly immediately after the annual is completed. But unless someone asks them, we’ll never know.

Clearly, piston twins today are practically unsellable, especcially over 2 tons. And this one is not a turbo version and below an F. I recall reading in a buyers mag that people want F or newer and by all means the turbo.

If Timothy still reads here, he has more experience with the type so he could maybe shed some light….

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Let’s see once again:

GNS430: 4k
DME: 1k
HSI: 2k?
XPDR: 1k

The rest of the avionics are worth nothing, I’d say. Maybe the AP, if it works and if you are lucky to find someone who needs exactly that.

The props, yes, but I guess they are not easy to sell.

Which then leaves all the various airframe parts. There must be loads of it there, some of which some owners would pay good money for, due to being rare. But in such a tiny market, it’s a problem to meet supply and demand.

Too curious to know what is wrong with it. I guess corrosion. If not: A “regular”, typical annual is maybe 15k? Without knowing any details, and assuming nothing is very seriously wrong with it, I still think it’s not yet a candidate for parting out. With the Euro so weak, maybe one could fly it to the US and sell it there for say 50k$? But then one would have to transfer it to N (a good idea, in general), but that would of course be another can of worms.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 23 Nov 07:31
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Nothing too much wrong with it, doubt the annual will be more than 10K.

But the sad reality is that most twins, not all, are heading for almost zero value. Any piston twin Cessna fits this category, especially the 310, 320 series. The 320 being particularly bad. Any piston Piper twin with the exception of maybe Navajos an Aerostars. Barons seem to keep a little more value, but not by much. Commander 500’s funnily enough seem to retain value. But any models with geared engines are in te doldrums. Will it ever come back? Don’t think so.

But there are also singles suffering from the same fate. Cessna 175 anyone? AA Grummans? Cardinals, Bellanca’s etc.

69 Posts
Sign in to add your message