Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

To invest in property, or aircraft? TB21 for 240k euros, and other overpriced aircraft.

The better way to learn about your plane is to participate in the maintenance – 50hrs and Annuals.

Obviously this is much more easily (politically) arranged with a freelance engineer than with a company, and that greatly favours N-reg. That said, most N-reg owners still just take their plane to some company, and end up knowing not much about it (but they are happy ).

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

No, the best way to learn about your plane is to build it, or at least bits of it. Takes an age though.

Sure, but with a homebuilt, you will be doing the maintenance yourself anyway, so the result will be as good (or as bad) as your own skill and attitude, and in the UK whatever gets past the particular LAA inspector you are friends with.

It is in the certified sphere (or buying a homebuilt built by someone else) that people get all the “unexpected fun”

Administrator

I’ve just seen the original subject of this thread, N709AM, and it is on its 3rd owner. It seems to live in France.

Administrator

And here is another one – advert PDF. USD300k i.e. €262k. Is this an all time record for a TB2x?

The reg, YR-TBI, is interesting. YR is Romania. The reg googles to… exactly nothing, nowt, no trace of it. Fairly unusual to see that. Looking at the old S/N database S/N 2212 went in 2005 to VH-MLJ which is Australia. It looks like Socata may have reissued the paperwork in 2005. Maybe one of these? I wonder if this is the actual aircraft which @stolman mentioned? It does mention the S-tec 55X autopilot so probably is! There was some litigation involved against Socata. It’s a small world

Administrator

Perhaps prices for singles are hardening?

https://www.ataviation.uk/listings/commander-115/

[ local copy ]

EGBP Kemble, United Kingdom

Indeed, although a Commander 115 was rather more pricey when new. I vaguely recall, year 2002, something like £500k+, similar to a Bonanza A36. A 2002 TB20 was £195k+VAT, a TB21 was about £240k+VAT.

Administrator

Wow! That is a nice looking TB21. And the guys taking the pics knew what they were doing!

Other than the price (and the turbo) , @Peter, what is wrong with that one?

Antonio
LESB, Spain

I think the price is “interesting”

Obviously a prebuy would need to examine a number of unusual areas e.g. why it was moved to a Romanian registry?

Administrator

Peter wrote:

USD300k i.e. €262k

It’s actually USD300K excluding VAT.

So quite a bit more for a private buyer.

EIWT Weston, Ireland
Sign in to add your message