Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

DC3 - does it need a Type Rating?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Yes it does.

Yes, the DC3 is definitly a plane requiring a type rating.

I think this add is looking for folks able to fly the above mentioned planes, which in the case of the DC3 requires a rating.

The line at the end means, there are other jobs for people not type rated.

Apart, almost any DC3 operator these days has an ATO included which can train people for the type rating.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

I think the thread title is just a cover to convey an entirely different point. Read the advert carefully… a type rating is not enough in this case

For the the ones able to understand spoken french (and if you liked "The Worst Best place to be a pilot), and have some time to kill, there’s a documentary on DC3 opterations in Colombia, called Colombie – Les pilotes Fous de L’amazonie), about (legit) DC3 operations in the Colombian Jungle

“Maintains personal relationship with Jesus Christ …”
“One year of college-level Biblical studies …”

Are they looking for pilot or priest? Or maybe flying priest? Or DC3 in such bad condition that pilot has to pray all the time while flying so “personal relationnship” can bring some advantages?

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Peter, you thinking about making some new life choices and upgrading?

EGTK Oxford

Yeah – I completely forgot to have a mid life crisis. I often discuss with Justine what I should do, before it’s too late. The (ex) husband of an office manageress I once employed grew a ponytail, got a tatoo, got a Porsche, and shagged a barmaid. I’ve missed out!

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The (ex) husband of an office manageress I once employed grew a ponytail, got a tatoo, got a Porsche, and shagged a barmaid. I’ve missed out!

I vote you get a tatoo!

“TB20 Roolz”

You could get it down the inside of your right arm……“classy like”.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

I vote you get a tatoo! “TB20 Roolz”

Me too. But it should be: “Jesus loves you”. It will spare you that one year of biblical studies and you might even get your DC3 typerating for free.

EDDS - Stuttgart
13 Posts
Sign in to add your message