Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Australian TB21 VH-MLJ for sale in Romania for €255k+VAT

Hi,

A Romanian businessman imported a pristine TB21 from Australia to Romania. The TB21 flew this trip without any problem. Since the aircraft is beyond his knowledge and skills, he wants to sell. The aircraft is already in EU, but still Australian registry. Possible will be in Hungarian registry.
Here is the ad before he got it.

https://www.globalair.com/aircraft-for-sale/ListingDetail/Trinidad-TB-21?AdId=80195
I talked to him recently, and he is asking 255000+ VAT (19%) for the aircraft. I think it is way beyond the real price.
Total time : 571h, the engine has 308 hour (Socata replaced the whole engine on warranty in 2008) .
The prop is original but the the prop is due in 2008. It has TKS on the prop only, WX500, traffic advisory,

This summer there was a France based TB21 for 175000 in a good shape with Aspen and GTN750, good engine and full TKS option. I think, that was closer to the relaity.
I wanted this, but the gap of my expectation and this asked price size like the Grand Canyon :)
How do you think?

Zsolt

Zsolt Szüle
LHTL, Hungary

You’re right – more realistic price would be €150k yet two W boxes and new and low hours engine give it additional value. If it was full TKS, I guess it would be worth some €170k.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

On the second look, maybe it’s worth a bit more because of glass panel.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Agree.

Zsolt Szüle
LHTL, Hungary

Will be interesting to see how he will get an export certificate of airworthiness from Australia now it is in Europe. Might not be that straightforward.

EGTK Oxford

Putting it back on EASA registry could be a big challenge looking at level of upgrades performed.

Last Edited by Emir at 24 Nov 12:02
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Australia accepts FAA STCs directly – unique in the world AFAIK.

I wonder if Romania is an “interesting” country for the registry, like Bulgaria seems to be?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Australia does not have SBAS (WAAS/EGNOS) but it does have an ADS-B mandate which cannot be met by TSO 129 boxes….so it probably already has the W units…

YPJT, United Arab Emirates

Romanian registry is a bit stricter than the neighbors to the South.

Seems extremely overpriced, no?

20 Posts
Sign in to add your message