Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Australian TB21 VH-MLJ for sale in Romania for €255k+VAT

Peter wrote:

As in every other walk of life, the sort of people you attract depends primarily on how you come across (your corporate image, if you like). So, if selling a plane, you look sloppy and careless, you will get a lot of time-wasters. If you put together a good package of info, pictures, etc, then you will attract more intelligent buyers.

My view on that, honed by many vehicle purchases and a few less sales (I have 14 nice vehicles currently ‘in personal stock’) is that a good ‘corporate image’ by a seller will indeed attract money and minimize hassle for the seller, assuming the product is sufficiently trendy. However, the reason for that is that people who are attracted to that sort of thing lack knowledge, lack time and are more easily convinced to spend over competitive value. Their intelligence if they have it is being used elsewhere

Some other people use their intelligence to understand the product in detail, and understand that a lack of presentation means less competition. The increased factual knowledge allows those buyers to depart from the norm, buy things that might scare a less informed buyer, and achieve more with their money. Salesmen hate this kind of buyer, and the feeling is mutual If you are such a buyer, it’s better to deal directly with the principal, and in doing so the deal can be often be wrapped up quickly if the guy selling and the guy buying share detailed knowledge and respect. Presentation fluff becomes unimportant.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 27 Feb 15:15

But not dealing with “cheap oldtimers”.

This is a fun thread

As in every other walk of life, the sort of people you attract depends primarily on how you come across (your corporate image, if you like). So, if selling a plane, you look sloppy and careless, you will get a lot of time-wasters. If you put together a good package of info, pictures, etc, then you will attract more intelligent buyers.

Of course some people don’t want to put together an informative package because they are trying to flog off a lemon to somebody who is paying for a cheap prebuy… A lot of planes for sale are lemons – same as with cars, houses, etc. And they sell because a lot of prebuys are poorly done.

I am sure this is a nice plane but the price is too high – because the potential customers are also looking at a certain other plane which has a parachute and that often clinches the “will the wife fly with me” debate (apologies for sounding sexist but that is what happens in reality; people just don’t normally admit it openly). I used to be on the Socata TB owners’ group and while a discussion of “Cirrus” is banned there (“this is a Socata forum, if you want to talk about Cirrus go to the Cirrus forum”) the reality was that most who got out of the TB scene, while still having money and a medical, bought an SR22.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Antonio:

YR-TBI is back in Romania. As I observed there are not to many people who appreciate a Socata TB21 at it’s right value. As I do not like to answer to many telephones from potential buyers I decided to work with a professional broker. I may recommend to everyone the Danish broker. They are really nice people and very professional. But not dealing with “cheap oldtimers”. Unfortunatelly most of the people wants to buy cheap and if a nice plane is advertised they think the seller wish to get rid of the plane on half price. But was not my case. So I decided to fly home the plane and to fly and enjoy it it untill the buyer will come .

Each time they advertise a plane they do a photo session, they employ a professional photographer.

Export CofA was not complicated. I contacted several Australian engineers and I had luck to find one from a company where several maintenance work was done by the old owner of the plane. And we agreed on a most than resonable fee. He did the work in 3 days together with the Romanian engineer and then I have received the papers. The Australian CAA agreed with the Romanian CAA about the procedure / the work to be done and issued a mandate for the engineer.

The registration into the Romanian registry was easy too. My Camo organisation did the paperwork and I received the inspector from the Authority and in 45 days all the papers were isssued.

I have noticed that many people want to give you advices but they do not know the exact procedures and that confused me a lot. Initially I contracted a company in Hungary for the registration of the plane in Hungary. But in 6 months they did almost nothing. Their CAA behaved very unfriendly.

Regards,

Gyarfas

The aircraft was imported into the EU and appears as YR-TBI here.

Administrator

Gyarfas wrote:

Anyhow I am happy that I have the Export CofA, not cheap, but more simple than I have thought.

That is a beautiful and capable airplane Gyarfas. (I was advocating TB21’s in a different forum, but the low flyers around here (wasnt this supposed to be a wink? it does not look like one) do not appreciate the value in its just measure…).

Who did the excellent photo report for the Danish sales ad?

Great step getting the Export CofA. Have you solved all of the import hurdles?

UNder the current bilateral agreement, you can import an aircraft from the US into the EU with automatic validation of all basic FAA STC’s (which should be your case). Is it the same when importing from Australia? It is very important that you sort this out before getting the first EASA CofA, as after the aircraft is imported there is no automatic validation of FAA STC’s.

Last Edited by Antonio at 07 Nov 14:15
Antonio
LESB, Spain

This YR-TBI aircraft is also discussed here.

Administrator

At the end of the day the price of something is what someone is willing to pay for it. What is too expensive to one person, may not be to someone else.

With a turbo, oxygen and glass cockpit, this is a very nice and capable aircraft, and the paint job looks beautiful.

LFPT, LFPN

Hi everyone,

I am quite new on this forum I do not like to post, more to read others. I realised today that Zsolt made a discussion about what we talked in private and I want to add some corrections to the above discussions.

The asking price was 205-210.000 euro + VAT. I never announced 255.000. I said if I count my travel expenses to Australia probably would be more, but I am not counting those.

Today if a potential buyer would ask about the price I would say the same amount. But I am not advertising it.

The Australian advertisement inserted is a fake, the old owner tried to reach them and me too but there is nobody on the other end, we could not reach them. The aircaft was advertised on the Australian Aopa site http://www.tbopa.org/for-sale/15-for-sale-tb21-vhmlj for 395.000 AUD and later reduced to 300.000 AUD

If somebody takes some minutes to compare the options of the aircraft with the initial instruments will realize that the aircraft is not a 150k one.

Anyhow I am happy that I have the Export CofA, not cheap, but more simple than I have thought. And I am happy that I met very nice guys at the Romanian authority who are very friendly and very helpful.

mmmh according to the ad, price is down to 220k USD
getting there… :-)

EDM_, Germany

Yes.

It is a late-model GT on which somebody spent a fortune installing the G500. Also it has the STEC 55X autopilot which makes me think it used to belong to a well known pilot in Australia who was sold a “2006” GT by Socata and upon discovering there is no such thing as a 2006 GT (they stopped making pistons in 2002, but assembled a few in 2003, and in 1 or 2 cases “regenerated” the paperwork in 2005 or 2006 – one thread here) he sued Socata and got some settlement. He ripped out the troublesome KFC225 and put in the 55X. @stolman might know more.

So he spent some 100-200k on top of the purchase price and wants to get some of it back

Administrator
20 Posts
Sign in to add your message