Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Falco

Can someone fill me in with info about this aircraft, mainly maintenance glitches, parts availability etc.? A friend is searching for one and has asked for my advice but other than that it is made of wood I know nothing.

Thanks

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Here is some info. It’s certainly an intriguing plane. I once bought a 3/4 finished Sequoia Falco project (3/4 to go) but decided it was too much work for me at that time. It just about killed me – the original builder was a real craftsman and the price was not too bad. I’ve since heard that its flying now.

For me one interesting thing about the factory built Falcos is that some of them were built by Laverda, the motorcycle and agricultural equipment manufacturer.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 02 Dec 20:19

More info here.

Bordeaux

It’s made of wood, that’s all there is to know I guy here, in Bodø, built himself a Falco, 20-30 years ago or something. He built it in his basement, and had to dismantle his house to get it out. He then flew it to Oskosh, and won the first price in plans built aircraft (I think it was).

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

“Asking for a friend”…

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

The Falco is just a beautiful aeroplane to fly but an enormous undertaking to build.
I didn’t build mine but I do know it very intimately since I made the cardinal mistake of not doing a pre purchase inspection.
To anyone considering buying one I would say make sure you find someone who knows wooden aircraft well or better still knows Falco well.
A good builder will produce a great aeroplane but a bad builder might produce one that has more limitations than it should or make mistakes that are impossible to rectify.
The variation in weight of finished Falcos can be as much as 200kg……
Parts availability for a plans built type are, of course infinitely available because everything is plans built!
I have no idea as to the parts availability for c of a types.

Drop me a DM if you want more help.

Forever learning
EGTB

Thanks all for the information. A bit late now so I will follow the links tomorrow.

Good night

LeSving wrote:

I guy here, in Bodø, built himself a Falco, 20-30 years ago or something. He built it in his basement, and had to dismantle his house to get it out. He then flew it to Oskosh, and won the first price in plans built aircraft (I think it was).

Info at this link [ local copy ]

N944BW came up for sale on Barnstormers yesterday, for $30K as a result of the owners illness. Link

(I have no knowledge of the aircraft or connection with the owner)

Last Edited by Silvaire at 05 Dec 15:22
45 Posts
Sign in to add your message