Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Premier 1A ride and pictorial.

Amazing report and pics Adam, it was a fantastic trip indeed.

Several notes :

• the type seems familiar after all Greg’s videos I watched
  • funny how each aircraft type has its club and its fans. And the type talks about the owner (tell me your plane, I’ll tell you who you are)
  • funny to see really the choices of the Beech engineers to make something different from the CJs. Every product is a compromise and every feature has a drawback. Different from some magazine reports
  • 10-day annual recurrent training ??? isn’t it huge for a private-and-busy owner ? Does it mean the type is known to be dangerous ?
LFOU, France

Jujupilote wrote:

10-day annual recurrent training ??? isn’t it huge for a private-and-busy owner ? Does it mean the type is known to be dangerous ?

Would be really surprised if this was true. 525 type rating has a 16 day type rating with a 3 day recurrent each year.
EGTK Oxford

@JasonC it sounded a bit much, but this is FlightSafety we’re talking about, so maybe he’s right. They tend to have longer and more padded training, hence why they’re also the most expensive. When I checked on doing type training for Avanti with them, it was also something extreme like 10 days or something. I’ve never heard of a TP type that takes that long (as a comparison, my SimCom type training on the Commander was a 4-day initial).

If you went with in-plane training in the Premier 1A, it would probably be a little shorter.

Like someone once quipped about jets; “with all the yearly mandatory training and the time spent on that, they’re literally the slowest aircraft I’ve ever flown”.

Last Edited by AdamFrisch at 02 Jun 04:23

Just found this on FlightSafety website:

Pretty much the same as other planes…

Romain

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

Thanks @Romain. Makes sense

@AdamFrisch, once the initial is done, which is long but very comprehensive, the recurrents are only 3 days. The training is very comprehensive. Jets have a much better safety record than other GA types. There may be a correlation.

EGTK Oxford

I like browsing plane ads. Was looking at used Premiers and other planes like the Avanti. Used prices for Premier 1A range from 1,5M to 2M USD. I was trying to make a guess about total cost of owning such a plane for a few years. Sheet below. Compared it to the TBM that I fly now and… it’s cheaper! Per nautical mile that is. The trick is in lower purchase price and thus lower depreciation. Would appreciate input from @AdamFrisch and @JasonC . Any bugs in this sheet? Comments?

LPFR, Poland

I’m only a spectator at this level, so you’re numbers are much more informed than mine . But I’ve always thought that the TBM is a pretty costly deal financially when you consider capex. People fixate on the single engine “savings”, when they are a very small part of the overall cost. A Cessna Mustang would be cheaper to own than a TBM.

Premier 1’s seem to be a good deal, if you can live with the slightly challenged range. They have great cabin and are fast as hell. Thinking of getting one?

Last Edited by AdamFrisch at 08 Oct 11:02

loco wrote:

I like browsing plane ads. Was looking at used Premiers and other planes like the Avanti. Used prices for Premier 1A range from 1,5M to 2M USD. I was trying to make a guess about total cost of owning such a plane for a few years. Sheet below. Compared it to the TBM that I fly now and… it’s cheaper! Per nautical mile that is. The trick is in lower purchase price and thus lower depreciation. Would appreciate input from @AdamFrisch and @JasonC . Any bugs in this sheet? Comments?

Servicing looks way too high if you are on a parts program which your spreadsheet implies as airframe/hour. I would allow 100k but don’t know Premiers specifically. Insurance should also be more like half that but is obviously dependent on you and your experience as well.

Last Edited by JasonC at 08 Oct 11:02
EGTK Oxford

AdamFrisch wrote:

They have great cabin and are fast as hell. Thinking of getting one?

I have absolutely no use for one, but that swept wing and M.8 cruise. One can dream :-)

LPFR, Poland

Go on!

My guy said his regularly does 455kts. Not sure there are many other private jets that go that fast.

Sign in to add your message