Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Premier 1A ride and pictorial.

Super comfortable if hot. Much better than leather.

EGTK Oxford

AdamFrisch wrote:

He says it will be ready by Dec 1, when I’m promised a ride right seat to Denver. That should be fun!

Really enjoy your write ups of the larger end of GA. I hope this chap has better luck projects on time than you

Sebastian_G wrote:

While speed is addictive I fear this speed comes at the price of bad runway performance. The TBM will bring you into places like Courchevel, Mali Losinj, Zell am See, the German islands, Elba and many more.

I guess it would be an exchange of flying solo to “trophy” airports in return for flying more with family. I’m pretty sure they would appreciate lower cabin altitude, no headsets and a toilet. TBM’s good range doesn’t do much if family endurance is limited to 2h. With a Premier, Greece is 2,5 instead of 3,5.

I exchanged some info with one owner and he gave a DOC of $4,5 per NM. It is more or less in line with what I calculated. These things are expensive to run.

AdamFrisch wrote:

He’s gonna rip out the old CRT’s and old Collins FMS stuff, and put a Garmin suite in

That is very cool. Didn’t know it can be done. Also in EASA land?

Last Edited by loco at 08 Oct 18:05
LPFR, Poland

loco wrote:

I guess it would be an exchange of flying solo to “trophy” airports in return for flying more with family. I’m pretty sure they would appreciate lower cabin altitude, no headsets and a toilet.

All very true and a hangar neighbor just did purchase a Phenom 300 because of such reasons but still I would rather choose some Cessna jet which is a bit slower but with better short field capability compared to the Premier. The same applies to the Piaggio. It might be fast but for many European missions it uses too much runway.

A customer of mine did operate a PC12. Then he went and did buy a CJ2 to get faster to his place in France. But it did turn out that the CJ2 did somehow not perform on St Tropez airport like the PC12. Then his pilot did fly all the time to Cannes. The jet was faster and more bling bling but for his mission in the end the PC12 was actually the much better choice. Finally they started to use a helicopter from Cannes to his place which was not feasible on a regular basis due to neighbors complaining… In the end he did sell the jet.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

loco wrote:

That is very cool. Didn’t know it can be done. Also in EASA land?

Not sure the big PFD’s are STC’d in Europe yet, but I know Ruag Aerospace has the STC to put in the G750’s in the Avanti in EASA land. They might have it for the PFD’s as well.

Off_Field wrote:

Really enjoy your write ups of the larger end of GA. I hope this chap has better luck projects on time than you

He has a lot more money than me, so I’m confident it will be quicker!

Peter wrote:

One of the “delegates” of the Gasco course I did was a Premier 1 pilot at the time, so maybe this type should be avoided because it flies faster than ATC can issue clearances to join CAS

I think 250kts speed limit bellow FL100 still applies to civilian aircrafts, with no transponder at 400kts you get jet fighters
You can get exemption from that but you have to be on radar ATSU with a valid sqawk and special callsign

Last Edited by Ibra at 08 Oct 22:14
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Ibra wrote:

I think 250kts speed limit bellow FL100 still applies to civilian aircrafts,

The general 250 kt speed limit below FL100 only applies (for IFR) in airspace classes D, E, F, G. There may be local 250 kt speed limits for individual TMAs/SIDs/STARs.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

HBadger wrote:

Why do the seats in the flight deck have lambfur cover? Seems so… 1970s :)

I haven’t flown a Citation that doesn’t have lambswool seat covers up front, including very recent models (eg 2018)

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

Neil wrote:

I haven’t flown a Citation that doesn’t have lambswool seat covers up front, including very recent models (eg 2018)

Me neither, but nor have I ever flown a citation with lambswool seat cover either or of any other sort :-)

ENVA, Norway

The price for this Premier 1 goes down and down but until it is ready to go you probably spend at least half a million or more on required upgrades etc.
https://www.planecheck.com?ent=da&id=38271 local copy

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ
Sign in to add your message