Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

How much would you pay to fly this Cessna P210 Turbine Silver Eagle

We did early on, and I know another Silver Eagle that took that route last year. Alaska, Russia, Japan. The route is not China, which is pretty much impossible for GA. I passed this time mainly due to the lead time to get a Russian Visa, and wanted to fly into Nasasaraq. Maybe next time.

Thailand

Nice one! Out of curiosity – did you consider the North Pacific route and would that even be doable (Russia, China….)?

Standard North Atlantic Route, but into Inverness as Wick was fogged in for a week.
Then Dublin, Germany, Malta, Crete, Egypt, Bahrain, Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Thailand.

Thailand

Rule303 wrote:

I just flew mine from the US to Thailand

Sounds like an interesting trip! Which route did you take ?

I just flew mine from the US to Thailand, and the best cruise performance I saw was 212kt TAS at FL230, 19.5gph. That was at ISA +20, so it should have been better,
The thing some of the posters are missing is that nothing with 200kt TAS cruise comes close to the short field performance of the eagle.
We can cruise in the low flight levels at 210 TAS, burning 20gph, and use an 800ft grass strip at close to MTOW.
They aren’t the fastest, most economical, best STOL or longest legged, but they have a great mix of all those attributes,

Thailand

Antonio wrote:

From your earlier posts i was of the understanding that:

a) you did indeed own a P210, if only in pieces, and
b) you are familiar with aircraft projects…how’s your 206 getting along? Its not that different from a P210, especially if turboed

this makes you an excellent candidate to acquire a P210 project and turn the would into a will!

Hey @Antonio
Both are true. I have parted out a P210 and about 10 other aeroplanes. I will part out a damaged Saratoga soon and that will be the first part out I’ve done in a while. I buy and sell project and flying aeroplanes. I have aeroplanes that are to keep and use, and some are just stock in trade to resell. We have 6 aeroplanes to keep us busy and I work with one other guy side by side. The U206F is very close to flying, but I have put a huge effort into getting it right so that we can keep it and use it for our business. It takes a lot of time and one evening this week we worked right past midnight to get a particular task finished. The 210 has alot of common parts with the 206, the tail is identical part for part. The wings have some issues in common with the 210, just like the control column nylon bearings inside the cockpit. Once you know where to look the issues are common across the fleet. I would not take on another project as it takes away too much time from what I want to do with sales & parts sales. The other thing about working on project aircraft is you end up like a home builder, spending all your time working and not flying. That’s not why I left my other business to pursue GA full time.

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

Thank you Wilco and Lionel, all very useful data!

Antonio
LESB, Spain

Mine has the turbine enhancement. It does 203kts TAS FL190-210, and that is pretty consistent. It can reach 210-213kts TAS at F150-170, at slightly higher fuel burns; not really worth it, and not really significant. I always use F190 or F200 if available and suitable for weather. There the cabin pressure is fine, the fuel burn 22.5 – 24 USGPH, and the torque at the temperature limit 63-72%.

Antonio wrote:

So I guess those quotes of SE higher speeds at lower altitudes must have been on colder days. I seem to recall there were two engine options for the SE, right? Perhaps that also has an influence?

I don’t think there are two engine options per se, but at some point Rolls Royce came out with an improvement that could be retrofitted, whose effect was lower temperatures. Most SE I encounter have the improvement :)

ELLX

lionel wrote:

I flew in strong wind, not very very far from mountains. Over 5-15 minutes, my TAS was oscillating between about 185 kts and 215 kts.

Yes I had the same a couple of times.

So I guess those quotes of SE higher speeds at lower altitudes must have been on colder days. I seem to recall there were two engine options for the SE, right? Perhaps that also has an influence?

Antonio
LESB, Spain
61 Posts
Sign in to add your message