Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Mooney M20C Ranger D-EEBR

I do like the bottle of Jif sitting beside the aeroplane in the first pic. Top cleaning products used.

I spotted a great one on Facebook, of Jodel owner ranting about his lovely wheel pants. In the mirror in the picture you could see he had no clothes on. People pic up on all the details in photos.

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

I just went back through my emails from when I was in the market, and I had asked the seller could I have a few more high res pictures to which he replied ‘I don’t have any’. Quite the salesman.

Last Edited by zuutroy at 01 Sep 10:18
EIMH, Ireland

thanks to everybody for the comments….I am trying to understand if logbooks are normally transferred when you buy the plane as a project. I do not see any reason not to transfer other then hiding something (or maybe the owner says doesn’t have them but he has…). Anyway now the plane seems regularly registered in Hungary, in order to do that I assume some sort of documentation was given to the local CAA. Can you register an aircraft in an Easa country starting from scratch without any docs? also in that case there must be a check of applied ADs. has anybody heard of Multifly ltd in hungary? they did the overhaul….

Italy

@mooneydriver that’s the one…..if somebody has already inspected the plane would be really important to get in touch….I will search the forum better…..

Italy

I am trying to understand if logbooks are normally transferred when you buy the plane as a project.

It depends on the buyer’s attitude to risk However there have been a number of cases where paperwork was mentioned at the time of the sale but after the money and the plane changed hands, it never turned up.

Basically the buyer must make sure that all the agreed deliverables are laid out on a table alongside the money… just like when buying or selling a house in Spain in the goode olde dayz with the mayor sitting on a chair outside the room for the few mins

I do not see any reason not to transfer other then hiding something (or maybe the owner says doesn’t have them but he has…).

Various reasons to claim logbooks are missing, and all of them presume a careless buyer, which can be found on every corner e.g.

• long periods of inactivity (= corroded engine)
  • undeclared damage (prop strikes, etc)
  • dodgy registration documents, possibly a totally nonexistent registration (this one might be such a case, and the famous Graham Hill Aztec case was another one where somebody prob90 accidentally deregistered it)
  • dodgy issues with lifed items
  • stolen parts used
  • equipment installed without the right STC or other paperwork
  • not wishing to incriminate some “usefully friendly” maintenance person or body
  • you get the idea

An expert prebuy on a certified plane is 2 days. One day to check the docs and one day to check the plane.

I had asked the seller could I have a few more high res pictures to which he replied ‘I don’t have any’. Quite the salesman.

Take a walk, I would suggest. I mean, mobile phones are such a rare thing… Back when I was internet dating, 1999-2003, one lady told me she can’t do a photo because the scanner has a flowerpot sitting on it

That said, it is possible for a really stupid seller to be selling a really nice plane, so it is probably better to take a look at the entire proposition.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

None of these reasons for no log books are innocent. Our Bolkow Junior logbooks are with co-owner X. Knowing him, I worry that, in a fire, he’ll save his 7 and 5 year old kids before the logbooks.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

@boscomantico unfortunately I have not even heard the registration, but it is somewhat similar to mine. (DWC)

You are certainly right that generally Swiss planes are well maintained and so are German ones. However, this one has been on the net for a long time, has a very optimistic add (i.e. to call this plane IFR equipped stretches the real thing a tad) and obviously has had all previous bidders walk away.

But all this is guesswork. Only a thorough pre purchase inspection can yield the truth. Obviously this needs a guy who knows what is going on with Mooneys, what to look for and how to reckognize a gem from a dud. Corrosion, tank leaks and so on are expensive items to fix. A well done repair after a gear up however is not a criterium Iˆd consider make or break.

Certainly the fact that this generally quite attractive plane with low hours on engine and airframe has been sitting on the net for years now is a good reason to ask a bunch of pointed questions. Lack of documentation is also something which will bite when trying to resell it at some point.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

has anybody heard of Multifly ltd in hungary

Yes – Otto is a good guy.

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

Yes – Otto is a good guy.

I am trying to speak to this Otto for 10 days now. I wrote him a couple of emails and spoke to the person in charge of his Multifly Facebook account. She told me that he is really busy and does not have time to answer. Owner told me that Otto works day and night. All this adding to my suspicions….

Last Edited by balucang at 02 Sep 06:44
Italy

I cannot offer a lot of insight but I rented the plane in late 2005 and early 2006 maybe 5 or 6 times via the „aeroclub“ bosco mentioned earlier. It was based at my home field EDML at the time. If I recall correctly the plane was not owned by the club but rather a private person who simply rented it out via the club.

The plane was ok at the time. I do not recall any technical issues with it other than the avionics even then being a bit dated. It was sold in early 2006 and left EDML. I do not know who bought it or where it went.

RXH
EDML - Landshut, Munich / Bavaria
Sign in to add your message