Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Airfields with hotels

Saint Etienne LFMH
The flying club were very helpful. My Total card had not arrived in time so they used the clubs Card for refuelling and stayed past their closing time
The Hotel
Best Western St Etienne Aéroport is adjacent to the airport. The room was fair, not quite the Waldoff but the restaurant was good.

EGHR,LF6252, France

Reims-Prunay: you can park your aircraft right in front of your hotel room. 2 star hotel. Nothing fancy but convenient as you can arrange to leave anytime at night by using the Pilot-Controlled-Lights.

Lyon-Bron: park at the GA apron, walk out through the gate there and walk to the street. 50 meter left, then 100 meter to the right you have the Kyriad hotel. 2 star, but good breakfast and a front desk that is open 24/7.

EDLE, Netherlands

Earls Colne – EGSR – Essex. For accommodation which is less than 10 minutes’ level walk from the aircraft, stay at this hotel.

UK, United Kingdom

BIRK – Hótel Loftleiðir

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

Ah yes forgot about Hótel Loftleiðir last time there 2008 and I’m guessing the drink prices haven’t come down:)

EGHO Thruxton

Bordeaux Saucats LFCS – IBIS within a 10 min taxi ride, or just ask for a lift, members happy to oblige.

Self-catering appartment available to let 5 mins from airfield.

LFCS (Bordeaux Léognan Saucats)

Italy is full of avioresorts ranging from very simple to elegant hotels/guesthouses. You will find most on bosco’s website fliegen-in-Italien.de. If enough people ask he might think of translating his site into English

LSZH

LFQA has (or at least used to) have a hotel right there on the airfield – next to the restaurant. Not high standard but still.

LFPT, LFPN

Peter_Mundy wrote:

Now with ICAO code

EDDW – Bremen – Atlantic Hotel Airport

EDDV – Hannover – Maritim Airport Hotel

EDLA – Arnsberg – JU52 Restaurant & Hotel

EDSB – Baden Baden – B&B Hotel Baden Airpark

LFGA – Colmar – Le Roi Soleil Prestige

LFQB -Troyes – Golden Tulip

LFMV – Best Western

LFPT, LFPN

LFMV Avignon – finally had a reason to try the Best Western there. It was full with a bus load of German senior citizens who also filled the restaurant. Staff managed to find me a table that wasn’t part of the planned program. Seems the hotel caters mostly to organized tours. It was quite ok for a night stopover but I wasn’t able to really relax and mind my own business until I was in my room. :-)

That was quite different at the Novotel in Colmar LFGA which felt more like a regular hotel than “hostel”.

Frequent travels around Europe
Sign in to add your message