Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Airparks in Europe and around the world (merged)

Heard about this project at Caen LFRK

The mayor saying « noise and pollution must be considered » for 9 extra planes at an airport with subsidized airline flights

Last Edited by Jujupilote at 14 Dec 07:31
LFOU, France

Local copy

I especially like this bit, which they have got spot-on

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Indeed.
As they say, it would be the only one at a customs airport (and ATC+IFR+PCL).

LFOU, France

Jujupilote wrote:

The mayor saying « noise and pollution must be considered » for 9 extra planes at an airport with subsidized airline flights

Typical Nimby attitude.

Add a soup spoon of envy et voila…

What I think would be ideal for this kind of thing are previous military bases which had dispersed shelters. Quite a few of them are standing empty while the other side of the airport are active. Some of those military areas have been repurposed for civilian use, but what would be wrong for someone building a house next to a shelter or where the shelters used to be? Taxiways, everything is in place.

Actually there even was an airpark scenery for an airport in Bavaria a while back for Flight Simulator. I thought this a good idea as it got the concept of an airpark into this crowd which includes quite a lot of PPL’s. This idea included the transformation of a former airbase into an airpark.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

What are some nice airparks in France, and how much do the homes cost?

tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

There are 2 I know of offhand in this part of France and 1 just a bit further south.
The 2 in this area are Vendée airpark at Talmont St Hilaire not far from Les Sables D’Olonne LFOO. They have their own runway and taxiways. The town of Talmont St H is small but houses one of Richard Coeur de Lion (Richard the lionhearts) castles which is gradually being restored and attracts a lot of tourists.
The other is Atlantique airpark, nr Luçon.
There is a tarmac runway with taxiways to the houses but the aerodrome is shared with Luçon Chasnais aeroclub. A very friendly bunch. Luçon is home to a Roman catholic cathedral which is a national monument.
Further south there is Biscarosse. The aerodrome was there and is home to a DGAC flight school (can’t remember which one) and the airpark was built around it.
As a Frenchman who prefers to spend money enjoying life, I couldn’t see myself buying a house with hangar on one of these airparks because I have access to many of the runways or nearby runways anyway and the houses are more expensive plus you need to pay for your share of the upkeep.
However, many Brits, Germans, Swiss and Parisiens are eager to live there and don’t find the costs too high.
Some live at them full time, others have families who live there full time and they fly off to work on mondays and return on fridays.
I met a couple of Brits from Vendée airpark who used to work in Exeter. They were back and fore regularly. I think it was them that made arrangements to have C+I at LFRI.

France

You also have Verchocq near LFAT and one near LFLX : https://www.airparkcentre.fr/

LFOU, France
97 Posts
Sign in to add your message