Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Airparks in Europe and around the world (merged)

I don’t imagine many bus drivers would want to live near a race track, I can imagine they probably don’t want anything to do with vehicles or driving in their leisure time, or in retirement. But that’s not particularly relevant to the interests of sports car drivers, male or female, is it?

Last Edited by Silvaire at 08 Feb 19:41

Silvaire wrote:

But that’s not particularly relevant to the interests of sports car drivers, male or female, is it?

As I already wrote: To everybody his own. Myself I have a little sports car (kind of, depending on who you ask). I use it to drive wherever I need to go and then forget about it until I have to go somewhere else. And no, I would not want to live close to a race track.

EDDS - Stuttgart

Well, I would certainly like to live with a runway to hand, and my planes at home! Having visited people living that way in nice houses, nice neighborhoods in nice areas its very attractive and my wife liked the areas too. Noise is a non-issue, there is little night traffic and that’s the only time it would bother us. People living in cities have an order of magnitude higher exposure to noise. The social scene I’ve seen at places like Spruce Creek looks great.

I have multiple sports cars and multiple motorcycles too, so the ideal location is near twisty roads too.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 08 Feb 19:57

Silvaire wrote:

I don’t imagine many bus drivers would want to live near a race track, I can imagine they probably don’t want anything to do with vehicles or driving in their leisure time, or in retirement.

Believe it or not, but I know a number of bus drivers who do. In their leisure time they drive vintage buses in tourist traffic.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Years ago, when my wife and I were hunting for our home I came across a 4 beds house that its back garden shared a fence with the local airfield’s runway. Great I thought, park the aircraft and walk home, when got nothing to do pop to see the guys…she even didn’t come to see the house, it was a very big NO.

Here is one more ‘project’ which hasn’t been mentioned here, I think. This one is in Trebujena. I don’t believe it will ever materialize, though.

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

This is about the Siljan Air Park in Sweden. A posting about it was made a day or two ago but the poster uploaded a whole magazine PDF from an organisation which is behind a paywall and the magazine is not available publicly for about a year, so obviously to avoid hassle I deleted it and suggested to him by PM that he gets permission from the author of the article and then posts the article itself. In the meantime:

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

As mentioned to Peter by PM, the poster (me) has permission from the article author (me)
I’m still working on it, but in the meantime if you dig into my profile a bit you can get to the article (I have a PDF copy on my website, not behind the paywall, for friends and family…)

Currently lazily sitting with a coffee looking at the trees, contemplating a visit to the bear park at Orsa, and looking forward to a BBQ with our German neighbours tomorrow. And despite assertions from some previous posters, we’re NOT “loaded”

Last Edited by Russell at 28 Apr 10:19
United Kingdom

Russell – if I could find the article on your website I would put it up here

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

This magazine? [link removed – see below]

ESSZ, Sweden
Sign in to add your message