Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

AME wanted German/Dutch border or Belgium

I am having problems with the Dutch authorities who are being as unhelpful as possible and have been advised to go to an AME either in Germany or Belgium. Does anybody have any recommendations?

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

No recommendations, but a list for Belgium can be found here.
I have a non-documented misgiving though, that they might be disallowed/unwilling to do anything if the initial examination was not performed in Belgium.
Cost for a PPL (= class 2) should be between 100 and 150 €.

NB I am very happy with my own AME but he is between Mechelen and Brussel.

Last Edited by at 15 Feb 14:23
EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Thanks for the link Jan

@Peter_Mundy here is the same list for Germany. I have sent you a PM, too.

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

I got mine from Dr. Weyer in Aachen.
Here is the link: http://www.fliegerarzt-dr-vandeweyer.de

EDMB, Germany

I can recommend Dr. Kraus in Essen, about 100 km from the dutch border.

http://www.fliegerarztpraxis-essen.de/default.aspx?c=KontaktImpressum

EDLE

As an aside, doesn’t changing one’s AME generate a huge amount of suspicion, causing the new one to put the pilot through the tumble dryer?

Most people I know would not change their AME until the present is in his coffin, and they travel any distance (hundreds of miles) to him.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

No need to fear this in my experience, since the AME are often/mostly pilots themselves and hence want to help pilots as much as they can.

EDLE

Peter wrote:

Most people I know would not change their AME until the present is in his coffin, and they travel any distance (hundreds of miles) to him.

I’ve never heard that and people do change AME occasionally as AME’s close shop or move. Particularly I have never ever heard that people would travel hundreds of miles to stay with their old AME if they move.

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 16 Feb 08:47
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Thanks for the input guys. the Dutch CAA is having a problem because I reported I was taking a very low dose (500mg) of metformin. They seem reluctant to approve my medical but at the same time will not refuse a certificate. No refusal means no appeal is possible. In the meantime I have been without a medical since the beginning of November and I am getting itchy wings. Looks like the way to go is either a foreign AME or switch my PPL to LAPL.

25 Posts
Sign in to add your message