Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Annual costs

What do you pay for your annual? Excluding rectification work. Just interested in typical MRO pricing.

EGTK Oxford

Quote range for a Super Cub is £0.8-2.5k – middle of this range I regard as fair. A permit inspection might be as low as £100 but am not quite sure how much is accomplished by the process, as PilotDAR points out, the onus is on you that you invest the time to ensure the aircraft is maintained to the standard of a good shop regardless of the paperwork. I prefer paying for the experience and expertise of good engineers.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Mine was € 2800 last year … including $ 300 for a new TKS filter and a new Airbag Controller ($ 510 …)

For an AA-5B two months ago:
airframe annual £1250
avionics annual £120
CAMO fee £500
CAA ARC fee £84

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

I have been quoted GBP 2500 plus 20% VAT as a “fixed price” Annual for the TB20, by various firms.

However none of them do what needs to be done. Their release to service always states “IAW mfg MM” but in reality they don’t follow that; they do the standard inspection and squirt aerosol lube in the various places. That stuff won’t last the year in the exposed areas. And if you tell them you want the landing gear greased (which means dismantling those areas where there are no grease nipples) they want a few hundred extra for that.

So 3k+VAT is probably about it.

Then you get a few shysters well known Part 145 companies who manage to inflate that to 5k+VAT and you have to haggle with them. But they don’t do the full job either. AFAIK nobody does.

The service parts are extra and for the TB20 they are about 300 quid, plus the oil.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Mine was £3500+VAT.

Last Edited by JasonC at 23 Jan 21:48
EGTK Oxford

Similar price for me. However there are so many additional items on the piston PA46 that my end bill is way higher than that.

EGTF, LFTF

I think in the end they all come down to more or less 70€ plus VAT per hour.

The rest is determined by how many hours are required for a “standard” annual on your particular aircraft.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

(Mine was owner assisted and every single item was done). VAT was included in the € 2800.

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 24 Jan 01:58

I think all the “fixed price annuals” will be in a narrow range for a given aircraft type – otherwise customers would go elsewhere.

What makes the difference is

• what work gets actually done (and note that you don’t know what has actually been done unless you watched them all along), and
  • what methods (if any) are used to inflate the bill at the end

Item 2 does not necessarily imply being less than honest. Some firms will source components differently, and some firms will want to change stuff which others won’t change, and some firms will interpret regs very differently. Also one firm could spend 2 days doing something which another firm does in a few hours.

(Mine was owner assisted and every single item was done)

Was that in the UK; the Cirrus dealer?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
45 Posts
Sign in to add your message