Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Anti N-reg provisions - EASA FCL and post-brexit UK FCL

That is definitely good news on two counts (postponement and progress on the BASA). Although I’m guessing the postponement requires buy-in from each country, with the attendant confusion (different answers from different agencies, does a country’s non-application of the derogation close it to overflights?, etc).

Any news on what form the PPL annex will take? Specifically, whether it will be something non-onerous, for example indefinite (i.e., not limited to 1 year, once) validation of FAA licenses + IR with an air law exam and checkride?

EDAZ

I will go ahead and take the CB-IR skill test as soon as possible anyway. Norway CAA have however still not implemented directive 245/2014 anyway, so right now I am ever so slightly on standby.

I also need to exchange my US PPL (FAR 61.75) because I now have a Part-FCL license… The FAA asks me for authentication of my Norwegian-issued license. The last time I did this they asked for that directly from Norway CAA. I wonder whether the procedure changed and I now need to request the authentication and provide it to the FAA.

LFPT, LFPN

I don’t get the joke about the “W”… can somebody explain?

Can Salmond spell I C A O ? He still thinks they will be EU members despite Barroso saying they won’t be… Initially they will do what the IOM and CI do and use the UK CAA’s ICAO seat, which means the CAA will have them over a barrel, until they get themselves let into ICAO and a new sovereign country.

Otherwise, yes, anybody private N-reg aircraft owner living in Scotland clearly won’t need the EASA FCL dual papers – until Salmond joins the EU. Same for the IOM and the CI, presently.

Last Edited by Peter at 03 Sep 12:25
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I also need to exchange my US PPL (FAR 61.75) because I now have a Part-FCL license… The FAA asks me for authentication of my Norwegian-issued license. The last time I did this they asked for that directly from Norway CAA. I wonder whether the procedure changed and I now need to request the authentication and provide it to the FAA.

It varies by country. Take a look at the FAA website and it should tell you what to do – I think Australia and the UK are unique in requiring you take ask them first to send a validation to the FAA.

EGTK Oxford

Not sure my fellow EuroGA members are familiar with this information from the FAA

LFPT, LFPN

“W” like BEER, Peter ;-)

I don’t get it either.

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

Whiskey (or probably more correct Whisky)

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 03 Sep 13:50

Argh…

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

I’m clearly a bit dopey

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)
Sign in to add your message