Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Any AeroPlus reviews / experiences?

We have worked since February until now to completely renew the AeroPlus Flightplan app. We changed the interface, made it a lot easier to file from/to ZZZZ airfields and indeed added the Autorouter AG IFR engine, support for filing from your Apple Watch, performance models, etc.

The app has been beta tested by several pilots, some of them flying SEP aircraft, others Jetprop or MEP aircraft and this data has been used to make about 10 intermediate releases or test releases over the last 10 months.

We have soft launched the latest version 4.2 into the AppStore, but not given any real notice. I am of course open to hear how it works. You can download for free and try out for 1 month. If you fly very regularly within Europe you can also contact me and I can add you to the beta team.

So, true. The app was not great 10 months ago, but I hope we improved a lot over the period from February until now. :-)

EDLE, Netherlands

nothing wrong with @Aeroplus. I know several pilots that use it and they’re happy with it.
The guy that runs Aeroplus is a regular user here so he might collaborate on your question with more insight

Sure, I obviously know this, but I’d like to hear from others

Also, “nothing wrong” doesn’t sound too euphoric…

Aeroplus is using some Autorouter features under the hood, so it might not be the best choice as a backup for Autorouter.

Don’t know. AFAIU, it uses certain routing features, but doesn’t use it altogether to create IFR routes. That should still make it possible to use AP when AR is down, no?

I use EuroFPL as a backup filing tool.

I don’t get along at all with EuroFPL. Super weird UI.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 12 Nov 21:12
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Hi Bosco, nothing wrong with @Aeroplus. I know several pilots that use it and they’re happy with it.
The guy that runs Aeroplus is a regular user here so he might collaborate on your question with more insight

Aeroplus is using some Autorouter features under the hood, so it might not be the best choice as a backup for Autorouter. I use EuroFPL as a backup filing tool.

Discussed here several times. Very expensive. Product has gone totally downhill over the last two years, with features added that most piston pilots didn’t need. Poor and sticky user interface. Slow routing engine. Poor routings sometimes. Poor on “challenging cases” (A to A training flightplans, very short flights, etc.). Poor support.

What was wrong with RR.

Forever learning
EGTB

I am considering adding Aeroplus to my toolbox.

The idea is to have an alternative for filing my flightplans. Since I dumped Rocketroute, I now file IFR using Autorouter and VFR using Skydemon, which is fine. But I do need an alternative, in case one of them goes offline momentarily. Seems that AeroPlus would be fine for that (even though 45€/year isn’t little for using it maybe once ot twice a year, but maybe I will use it more often then…). Heck, I might even dump Skydemon one day…

Oddly, I find very few pilot reviews of the app and its flight plan filing functions. Why are so few people using it? One problem with a small user base is that it won’t get the bugs / missing features ironed out as quickly.

It seems that AeroPlus doesn’t have many (any) airfields without four letter code in its database and no way for the user to add these ad hoc (RR allowed this). This is the same little grief I have with autorouter.

I know AeroPlus has a trial mode, but it’s a little weird that you have to subscribe first (and possibly cancel later on) in order to be able to test the app.

6 Posts
Sign in to add your message