Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Any airports in NE France with customs/immigration and avgas?

On long return flights back to the UK, usually with headwind, I sometimes need to refuel in this general area

but very few of them are usable. Am I missing a good one, with a fast turnaround time and no PNR/PPR?

In the past I would refuel at LFAT which is obviously fine.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Ellx seems very close to your area, has fast turnaround and as far as I know also cheap avgas. Alternatively, stop a bit earlier at Colmar which is super easy and has very cheap avgas.

LSZH

Not quite sure why you ask here, sine all the information is readily available.

Anyway, it’s an area with few major cities. There just aren’t any real big airports (customs, 7/7 ATS, fuel service) there. So, of you really insist on all of that, then the only one is Lille.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

EBKT on the NW edge of your zone has customs as per ops and gas in the sub €2 range and a great restaurant, maintenance and a hotel on site, ops hours o 19:00z. Also the strangest way to pay the landing fee (€19.00). Go to tower, and it is an A/G! It’s a Belgian thing, fill in the landing sheet, name reg address and maybe two months later you get the invoice in the post!

Try LFQV for example.
No permanent customs at LFQA, but they might be able to get them for you.
Customs upon request at LFJY (and a nice historic airport).
LFAY/LFAQ have customs with minor PN.

As Bosco said, target the little bigger cities and go through the AD data (the iPhone app is great for these searches).

ESMK, Sweden

Arne wrote:

No permanent customs at LFQA, but they might be able to get them for you.

No. Douanes, Police / Customs, Police : NIL.

LFQB do have customs with PPR (in practice PNR)

LFOK have customs w/o PPR but its limited opening hours. Check AIP and NOTAMS but beware because they do not specify different hours for winter/summer. The opening hours are specified in LT and translated into Z for the sake of AIP, but they do not say whether the Z times are for DST or not. They are a little bit outside the area the OP circled, but I have heard they have very good turn around times.

Last Edited by Aviathor at 08 Sep 07:50
LFPT, LFPN

LFJL Nancy/Metz, Basel/Mulhouse, and Luxembourg

Last Edited by Neil at 08 Sep 08:22
Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

Metz no Avgas, the other two outside Peter’s circle.

Lille LFQQ has a self serve Total pump on Parking E near the aeroclub. You need the Total card though but then you get the cheapest fuel of France.
Lille has all facilities 24/7 and all approaches.
Landing fee is about 10 euro for a non- resident without handling.
No PPR.

Last Edited by Niner_Mike at 09 Sep 11:16
Abeam the Flying Dream
EBKT, western Belgium, Belgium

If you want to make just a fuel-stop (and have a TOTAL card as you say), and don’t want to be charged any handling, how do you pay the landing fee? Through invoicing by mail? Seems crazy for 10 €.

Also, if you need to pass throug immigration, can you then still go without any handling? I doubt it…

11 Posts
Sign in to add your message