Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Any helicopter pilots on EuroGA?

No worries, I do. I’m still interested in the way our European neighbors handle landings outside of airports, especially with Helicopters, because that’s what their meant for. If you don’t mind, of course.

Last Edited by EuroFlyer at 16 Dec 21:33
Safe landings !
EDLN, Germany

In France landing outside aerodromes is forbidden for aeroplanes, and allowed (under certain conditions) for microlights and helicopters
It’s reasonably easy though to turn your farm strip into an aérodrome privé for aeroplanes if you comply with the provisions of CIRCULAIRE AC N° 35 DBA du 28 JUIN 1973 relative aux aérodromes privés:
http://www.stac.aviation-civile.gouv.fr/amenag/textes/19730628_AC_35.pdf

Last Edited by Piotr_Szut at 16 Dec 23:07

It’s available everywhere. They sell all over the world.

I meant is it an approved kit in any European country?

Piotr_Szut wrote:

I meant is it an approved kit in any European country?

I don’t know much about regulations in other countries, but we have have a couple of them in Norway, and also the Rotorway.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Yay I’m negligible!

I fly both. The helicopter is for work and I fly fixed wing for fun (own a UK LAA permit type and an SSDR microlight). I love both, but if forced to choose, would choose fixed wing. Don’t want to work for much longer anyway.

(apologies for thread resurrection…came here via the related threads link…)

United Kingdom

I’ve known a few professional helicopter pilots who also own fixed wing.
Suitable fixed wing is much more impressive than any helicopter – the guy with the private six-seat B757, who, when visiting Inverness a few years ago, went for a few hours shopping in London, for example.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

Don’t really agree getting into the Helicopter fly up the Thames past london bridge then go for lunch is pretty awesome and love doing it

Ozzieflyer
Denham

I’ve merged two helicopter threads, to improve the critical mass

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Fly rotary at work and fixed wing for fun. Wouldn’t touch a helicopter outside of being paid for it!

Longside EGPS

I do both – have ME IR on FW and R22/44 rotary.

Basically use FW for long trips, rotary for anything in the UK. The heli is far more hands on and seriously fun, albeit about 2x the cost per hour. But you have to remember the time you’re paying for is much shorter as you get charged collective up to down time, whereas the FW is usually on the Hobbs (ie engine time).

We're glad you're here
Oxford EGTK
50 Posts
Sign in to add your message